Pushup Help

IronTyson

White Belt
Reaction score
Hey guys I need some help getting my push up count up. Ive always had trouble with push ups even when I wrestled. Ive been doing MMA for about a year and im pretty strong I could bang out 20-25 pullups and like 30 pushups 20 with great form which is quite pathetic. I am 5"8 135. What should I do to get my pushup and pullup count up?

Do more of them. And work weighted ones in. I think it would be wise to ask why you are doing push-ups and pull-ups. Is that what your strength training consists of?

I lift weights more and I add pull ups into my workout, but I mean should I do alot of reps and and less sets or low reps and a lot of sets.

And once your pushup count is up what difference do you expect it to make in your mma performance?

I lift weights more and I add pull ups into my workout, but I mean should I do alot of reps and and less sets or low reps and a lot of sets.

Push Ups are a very inefficient method of gaining strength. The main attribute you develop from doing lots of push ups is the ability to do more push ups.

Free Weights should make up at least 90% of your Strength Training.

However, if you are determined to increase your push-up reps, Google, "100 Press Ups Program".

ive swapped strength training in the gym with endurance training because of a fight i have coming up. i superset 10 swissball push-ups after 10 bench press reps at about 75-80% of my 5RM. after just 2 weeks i have gone from being maybe to do 25push ups to 40 quite easily, havent seen how many i can do to fail.

If the TS's MMA gym is anything like my Muay Thai gym they fucking love push-ups. If anything increasing the # of push-ups you can do just makes the conditioning parts of class less grueling.

If the TS's MMA gym is anything like my Muay Thai gym they fucking love push-ups. If anything increasing the # of push-ups you can do just makes the conditioning parts of class less grueling.

He He! Push ups were what we did during our "rest" period inbetween rounds!!! Along with situps and burpees! Ahhhh (nostalgic sigh) Good times.

Back