Push pull or gritty 4way competition

I’m going to apologize now for all the questions.

All time PR or current PR?

If straps/chalk/belt/shirt weren’t used for original PR, can they be used for the final PR?

Before @pokerandbeer joins and we get a civil war going, what’s considered a good dead/bench from a technical standpoint?
No hitching or ramping the deadlift, starts from the floor, no straps.

Bench press, ass stays on the bench and no excessive arching.

No hitching or ramping the deadlift, starts from the floor, no straps.

Bench press, ass stays on the bench and no excessive arching.
arching will be impossible to judge given we aren't wearing singlets...although i would have a shitty excuse to go full moose knuckle and worst possible camera angle

straps are only ok if they are used in both AND if i can't use chalk and get stuck with the shiny smooth Olympic bars at the commercial gym. i can't grip over about 455 with those things. they have a better one but i am working out with idiots around me. may not be able to get a good bar.

Starting weights for me:

Bench: 375lbs
Deadlift: 565lbs

I’m going to apologize now for all the questions.

All time PR or current PR?

If straps/chalk/belt/shirt weren’t used for original PR, can they be used for the final PR?

Before @pokerandbeer joins and we get a civil war going, what’s considered a good dead/bench from a technical standpoint?
@pokerandbeer has a lifetime ban from these comps.

Starting lifts
Deadlift: 365lbs/405lbs w/straps
Bench: 235lbs

Starting weights for me:

Bench: 375lbs
Deadlift: 565lbs
WEre going to be neck and neck starting out
Deadlift is going to be 565 and bench I don’t know for sure but I’ll test next week

Can whitebelts join if:
1. They’ve been primarily a lurker for 7 (EDIT: 10!) years
2. They have decent lifts (~330 bench, 450 squat, 525 deadlift)
3. They post videos evidence of lifts?

Can whitebelts join if:
1. They’ve been primarily a lurker for 7 (EDIT: 10!) years
2. They have decent lifts (~330 bench, 450 squat, 525 deadlift)
3. They post videos evidence of lifts?
Anyone want to allow him? Video and join date?

I'd like a bench and bent over barbell row comp.

Realistically though my training is all about my sport and my season starts in a month so I'll be a spectator at best. Lifts are likely that go down not up! <{MingNope}>
Yeah I have the same problem. When training for sport, training the sport, plus working full time, you simply don't have enough recovery hours in the day to improve lifts significantly.

WEre going to be neck and neck starting out
Deadlift is going to be 565 and bench I don’t know for sure but I’ll test next week
I’m starting conservatively since I got burned by the press last competition. I hook gripped 565 a week or two ago and just benched 375lbs yesterday.

Yeah I have the same problem. When training for sport, training the sport, plus working full time, you simply don't have enough recovery hours in the day to improve lifts significantly.

Anyone want to allow him? Video and join date?

Click on my profile, believe it says May of 2008.

These aren't the numbers I'm officially starting with, as I haven't done a true 1RM since I re-started lifting ~6 months ago, but are the latest recordings of decently heavy weight I have:
Squat: 410x3 -
Bench: 315x3 -
Deadlift: Haven't recorded a video of me in awhile, but best latest pull was 455x5

I'll send in an official 1RM video before the start of the competition

Smolov for deadlift will not be viable. Hands are tearing already.

These aren't the numbers I'm officially starting with, as I haven't done a true 1RM since I re-started lifting ~6 months ago, but are the latest recordings of decently heavy weight I have:
Deadlift: Haven't recorded a video of me in awhile, but best latest pull was 455x5

i am fine with you given the join date
jsut need one more thumbs up from the group

You’re in and competitive

Back