Push Press vs SOHP Strength?

Believe whatever you guys fucking want. It's not my fault im naturally fucking strong as shit and focus primarily on my legs and back when I lift so my push press is so much stronger than my OHP. Also, if it's hard to believe that someone who weighs 230+lbs can bench over 3 plates while only doing pushups (I brought it up as an example to demonstrate why I'm concerned that the OHP is my weakest lift - with the exception of the OHSquat) then you are the retards so get off your high horse.

I wasn't trying to fucking say my e-cock is 2 feet long and I'm the keanu reeves of alpha males; I just thought OHP and Bench were relatively similar lifts and should correlate on some level. I guess not. I've used this board for going on 2 years for lifting advice, and have been injured and seen great results because of it.

If the OHP is suppose to be the weakest lift for someone who is athletic, lift weights, and is muscularly balanced than I'd like to know. If not, then I know I really do I have something I need to focus on more.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/oboyox3L_MI&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/oboyox3L_MI&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

I think bench = push press is reasonable for some people. Certainly more likely than strict overhead = bench.

Well I'm over this thread since all I've gotten is negative shit back. If a strength guru wants to PM me something of value I'd appreciate it.

I wasn't trying to fucking say my e-cock is 2 feet long and I'm the keanu reeves of alpha males;

Hmmm, interesting choice of "Alpha Male"

I would have gone with Chuck Norris, or perhaps a lifter, like Andy Bolton.

Well I'm over this thread since all I've gotten is negative shit back. If a strength guru wants to PM me something of value I'd appreciate it.
The strongest guy on Sherdog already posted in your thread.

I think I see where the confusion is...you see, we all just assumed he as using an olympic barbell set with olympic plates, which would make his "three plates and change" push press look something like this:

33ct752.gif

However, in actuality he was using a standard barbell set, like this:

BEST110.jpg

A standard "plate" is 10lbs, so "three plates and change" would be maybe somewhere around 100lbs, and "one plate and change" for his SOHP would be around 60lbs.

40lbs difference between a push press and strict press sounds about right to me, no? Certainly makes more sense than the nearly 200lbs difference an oly weight set would imply.

Hmmm, interesting choice of "Alpha Male"

I would have gone with Chuck Norris, or perhaps a lifter, like Andy Bolton.

Yeah, I was scratching my head and wondering when Keanu Reeves became anything but a terrible actor.

This is like a track athlete who says he can run a 400m in 52 seconds, but has a time in the 100m of 21 seconds.

Anyone else notice that Chopsteak lists his location as "WAH"

Actually magic, oldman was talking about me.

*kisses bicep*

This is like a track athlete who says he can run a 400m in 52 seconds, but has a time in the 100m of 21 seconds.

Anyone else notice that Chopsteak lists his location as "WAH"

lol think it's for either waimanalo, hawaii or wahiawa, hawaii. not sure which. Relatively sure ts is in hawaii because chopsteak is a common plate lunch item, often found in hawaii

Are some of you confusing the bench press with the overhead push press? I swear to God this thread is confusing.

Are some of you confusing the bench press with the overhead push press? I swear to God this thread is confusing.

How the hell could someone confuse the bench press with a push press?

Furthermore, how is this thread confusing?!

Or is it...?

How is this thread not confusing? have you read any posts?

go re-read it, dude. it's clear.

clear that the TS is full of shit too.

video or go home.

i reached my max last week and ohp 225 for 3 reps,

ive stopped doin push presses for a little while because they were killing my neck, but they were never anywhere near my ohp numbers

oh yea and my bench has always been significantly higher than either ohp/push press, im not sure what would make u think that those numbers were supposed to be similar

i reached my max last week and ohp 225 for 3 reps,

ive stopped doin push presses for a little while because they were killing my neck, but they were never anywhere near my ohp numbers

oh yea and my bench has always been significantly higher than either ohp/push press, im not sure what would make u think that those numbers were supposed to be similar

Wait...your pushpress was never anywhere close to your OHP?

Maybe this thread IS confusing.

How is this thread not confusing? have you read any posts?

I'm confused why you're confused. Or or you confused why I'm confused?

I'm confused.

Wait...your pushpress was never anywhere close to your OHP?

Maybe this thread IS confusing.

I thought the same. Its getting to the stage in this thread that i'm thinking some people don't know exactly what a push press or SOHP is

Back