Purple Belt Finally!!!!

tf

Inside BJJ Podcast
@Blue
Reaction score
It took 5 1/2 years but I finally got promoted to Purple today by Crosley Gracie.

White --> Blue = 1 Year and 8 Months
Blue --> Purple = 3 Years and 10 Months.

I feel like I'm barely starting to learn Jiu-Jitsu...sigh...

Congrats! I'm very slowly working my way down the path.

Congrats son. I find that(as a blue) that it seems to get harder and harder to get better. As it takes longer to fix or add on moves. Good luck though hommie.

Congrats man. I read this somewhere but can't remember where. "you will spend the most of your bjj life at black belt once you obtain it" so don't worry about the time it took you.

Congrats on the purple! Especially from Crosley! Be prepared to be a living target. I feel that at purple EVERY white and blue is out for blood. Lol. Welcome to the group!

Making purple is a test of mental endurance for a lot of us non athletic types. It's always good to see someone standby their commitment.

Making purple is a test of mental endurance for a lot of us non athletic types. It's always good to see someone standby their commitment.

For me, making it through purple was the real challenge. I think purple is when you can really start to question yourself and how much you "really know" - in part, because you remember how unbelievably good all those purple belts seemed when you were a white belt ... and now you're one of them.

Congrats!

Congrats man. I won't be training Gi until at least I'm done with college. Right now I'm just doing the No-Gi but eventually want to do that and muay thai.

It took 5 1/2 years but I finally got promoted to Purple today by Crosley Gracie.

White --> Blue = 1 Year and 8 Months
Blue --> Purple = 3 Years and 10 Months.

I feel like I'm barely starting to learn Jiu-Jitsu...sigh...

False modesty. Do not like.

But besides that, congrats :icon_chee

AS a very recent blue belt I used to be blown away by how good the blue belts where when i was a white now its the same for purples with me , I hopefully have another 3 to 4 years before i even think about being a purple .
Congrads man , hopefully you stick with it to get your brown .

For me, making it through purple was the real challenge. I think purple is when you can really start to question yourself and how much you "really know" - in part, because you remember how unbelievably good all those purple belts seemed when you were a white belt ... and now you're one of them.

Congrats!

exactly!

Back