Movies Purge election year...

all 2020 needs is mass riots and civil unrest to cap off whats been the shitiest year of my damn near 50 years on this rock

Fwiw, 2020 has actually been the best year of my fiancee and I's life. Was the shittiness for you related to the virus and shutdowns?

If Biden wins absolutely nothing will happen. Just a normal day with a SHIT TON of butthurtness on social media.

If Trump wins........

god help us. I'm sure there will be some absolutely unreal riots that will go down in history and tear this country apart. the current riots will probably not even compare.

yeah...i recently bought the wife a Glock 21 and tried (in vain) to buy some extra ammo for the AR...Guys at work are worried about the hatred towards Law Enforcement...and not hatred by criminals we expect and except that...what's disheartening is when some if not many of the "good" or at least normal citizens we're supposed to protect kinda hate us right now.

couple that with the fact i had to resist the urge to crane kick a mofo at Kroger today because he got too close when i was checking out ..i'm like SIX FEET FFS!!!"

Haha I wanted to wring the neck of an idiot in a lifted pick up at Dunkin Donuts today. He was inches away from smashing into my car as I was leaving because he decided to try to slide into the parking lot. I'm a peaceful guy but we have so much unchecked behavior. With the war on police it will get even worse. Police won't react the way they really need due to fear of losing their jobs.

Fwiw, 2020 has actually been the best year of my fiancee and I's life. Was the shittiness for you related to the virus and shutdowns?

yeah just dealing with the Covid then the George Floyd riots and losing my Jui Jitsu has actually been the hardest I’ve been involved in some kind of grappling since 1989 and not having that serotonin and dopamine hit tgat BJJ provides for me by mitigating my stress has been rough

Haha I wanted to wring the neck of an idiot in a lifted pick up at Dunkin Donuts today. He was inches away from smashing into my car as I was leaving because he decided to try to slide into the parking lot. I'm a peaceful guy but we have so much unchecked behavior. With the war on police it will get even worse. Police won't react the way they really need due to fear of losing their jobs.

it’s happened guy’s on patrol I can see going reactionary only...if at all it’s a damned if you do damned if you don’t feeling right now

If Biden wins absolutely nothing will happen. Just a normal day with a SHIT TON of butthurtness on social media.
I’m essentially feeling the same way...I just think whoever wins it’s going to be some real mess come November...I hope I’m wrong

If Trump wins........

god help us. I'm sure there will be some absolutely unreal riots that will go down in history and tear this country apart. the current riots will probably not even compare.

I was also shocked by how accurate these films were and the direction we almost went in during quarantine.

the quarantine it self was sort of how people have to lock themselves into their house during the purge.

V for vendetta also has some flashes into what could have happen if they lock us into our house and take away our freedoms again.
I had totally forgot that V for Vendetta revolves around a Country suffering from a pandemic and quarantined and then there’s a police killing that sparks riots.......

CwRAJs7WgAEEvIy.jpg

Aliens v predators might as well be republicans v Democrats

I'm a lil long in the tooth as sherdoggers go.

So am i being paranoid?Or maybe too much netflix sense the lockdown started? or does anybody else sense or see the coming shitstorm in November?!?!?

Which side you taking?

Trump wins narrowly Biden refuses to say he lost or the reverse?

I had totally forgot that V for Vendetta revolves around a Country suffering from a pandemic and quarantined and then there’s a police killing that sparks riots.......
I was refferring to the curfews and other government restrictions that happened in that film and mirrored real life sort of how we are being controlled right now by mandates and fines or the threat of arrest for violating those mandates

I was refferring to the curfews and other government restrictions that happened in that film and mirrored real life sort of how we are being controlled right now by mandates and fines or the threat of arrest for violating those mandates
That too. I remembered the cop shooting the little girl but the quarantine/pandemic aspect of the plot was totally lost on me till I rewatched it

That too. I remembered the cop shooting the little girl but the quarantine/pandemic aspect of the plot was totally lost on me till I rewatched it
something I noticed too was that the st.marys virus in the film or might have been the comic cant remember was over exaggerated to create fear and compliance even after controlled like covid is they had a dr.fauci type character

Last edited:

If Trump wins........

hm, disagree to some extent there, bucko
if turmp gets re-elected, which I predict, there will be an uneasy calm as federal troops will be on standby to go anywhere to quell
unrest and dissent. angry rioters will reluctantly settle for a non fat, rainforest friendly latte at Starbucks and a shitty haircut by way of protest

So am i being paranoid?Or maybe too much netflix sense the lockdown started? or does anybody else sense or see the coming shitstorm in November?!?!?

I think were in the calm before the storm

Going to watch that movie later tonight. Not a good film but I enjoy it for what it is. Plus, Frank Grillo is just bad ass in this movie. Only reason I can watch it repeatedly

I do get the feeling that some shit is going to go down if Trump is reelected. If Biden wins, I don't think much will happen except some die hard MAGA goons causing a ruckus.

I seriously hope I am wrong but just the way things our right now especially in my city. All that shit going down at the federal courthouse for the last 60+ nights for really no reason at all. Can't imagine if Trump is reelected what the response will be

hm, disagree to some extent there, bucko
if turmp gets re-elected, which I predict, there will be an uneasy calm as federal troops will be on standby to go anywhere to quell
unrest and dissent. angry rioters will reluctantly settle for a non fat, rainforest friendly latte at Starbucks and a shitty haircut by way of protest

Yeah, I kind of agree with this. Feds will be ready for anything and Trump will really have nothing to lose after being reelected.

I don't know. I'm kind of over Trump and the Trump haters. I don't know who's worse sometimes

I doubt it will get that bad. A lot of shit is being talked, but in the end, most people just want to make it through another day and provide for their families. There will always be idiots who believe their own bullshit, but I don't see a Second War of Northern Aggression happening in November.

That said, I've been wrong before. Stocking up on Bullets, Beans and Bandages wouldn't be a bad idea. Better to have and not need than the other way around.

Back