Movies Purge election year...

Discussion in 'Mayberry Lounge' started by Jack Handy jr, Aug 1, 2020.

1. A.S. Deep Red Belt

Fwiw, 2020 has actually been the best year of my fiancee and I's life. Was the shittiness for you related to the virus and shutdowns?

2. IloveTHIS Humble Narcissist

If Biden wins absolutely nothing will happen. Just a normal day with a SHIT TON of butthurtness on social media.

If Trump wins........

god help us. I'm sure there will be some absolutely unreal riots that will go down in history and tear this country apart. the current riots will probably not even compare.

Seso and Jack Handy jr like this.
  3. Red Beard Brown Belt

Haha I wanted to wring the neck of an idiot in a lifted pick up at Dunkin Donuts today. He was inches away from smashing into my car as I was leaving because he decided to try to slide into the parking lot. I'm a peaceful guy but we have so much unchecked behavior. With the war on police it will get even worse. Police won't react the way they really need due to fear of losing their jobs.

Jesus X and Jack Handy jr like this.
  4. Jack Handy jr Silver Belt

yeah just dealing with the Covid then the George Floyd riots and losing my Jui Jitsu has actually been the hardest I’ve been involved in some kind of grappling since 1989 and not having that serotonin and dopamine hit tgat BJJ provides for me by mitigating my stress has been rough

Tankeray, Jesus X and A.S. Deep like this.
  5. Jack Handy jr Silver Belt

it’s happened guy’s on patrol I can see going reactionary only...if at all it’s a damned if you do damned if you don’t feeling right now

Red Beard likes this.
  6. Jack Handy jr Silver Belt

7. RollSonnenRoll On the square. On the level.

I had totally forgot that V for Vendetta revolves around a Country suffering from a pandemic and quarantined and then there’s a police killing that sparks riots.......

BB in Crazy!!!! likes this.
  8. Jack Handy jr Silver Belt

Aliens v predators might as well be republicans v Democrats

9. Oceanmachine Purple Belt

Which side you taking?

Trump wins narrowly Biden refuses to say he lost or the reverse?

10. Jesus X Gold Belt

I was refferring to the curfews and other government restrictions that happened in that film and mirrored real life sort of how we are being controlled right now by mandates and fines or the threat of arrest for violating those mandates

Jack Handy jr likes this.
  11. RollSonnenRoll On the square. On the level.

That too. I remembered the cop shooting the little girl but the quarantine/pandemic aspect of the plot was totally lost on me till I rewatched it

Jesus X likes this.
  12. Jesus X Gold Belt

something I noticed too was that the st.marys virus in the film or might have been the comic cant remember was over exaggerated to create fear and compliance even after controlled like covid is they had a dr.fauci type character

Last edited: Aug 1, 2020
  13. Jesus X Gold Belt

they even had covid masks
    [​IMG]

14. Jack Handy jr Silver Belt

I’m a conservative liberal so I don’t have a candidate I’ll prolly write in Jocko Willink or Dwayne Johnson....or Cardi B

15. Grave Buster ******WTF Belt****** Platinum Member

hm, disagree to some extent there, bucko
    if turmp gets re-elected, which I predict, there will be an uneasy calm as federal troops will be on standby to go anywhere to quell
    unrest and dissent. angry rioters will reluctantly settle for a non fat, rainforest friendly latte at Starbucks and a shitty haircut by way of protest

Iroh likes this.
  16. colby25 Brown Belt

I think were in the calm before the storm

17. Jesus X Gold Belt

l@nd0

18. Brother Numsi Black Belt

Going to watch that movie later tonight. Not a good film but I enjoy it for what it is. Plus, Frank Grillo is just bad ass in this movie. Only reason I can watch it repeatedly

I do get the feeling that some shit is going to go down if Trump is reelected. If Biden wins, I don't think much will happen except some die hard MAGA goons causing a ruckus.

I seriously hope I am wrong but just the way things our right now especially in my city. All that shit going down at the federal courthouse for the last 60+ nights for really no reason at all. Can't imagine if Trump is reelected what the response will be

19. Brother Numsi Black Belt

Yeah, I kind of agree with this. Feds will be ready for anything and Trump will really have nothing to lose after being reelected.

I don't know. I'm kind of over Trump and the Trump haters. I don't know who's worse sometimes

BB in Crazy!!!! and Grave Buster like this.
  20. KnightTemplar Halloween Belt Platinum Member

I doubt it will get that bad. A lot of shit is being talked, but in the end, most people just want to make it through another day and provide for their families. There will always be idiots who believe their own bullshit, but I don't see a Second War of Northern Aggression happening in November.

That said, I've been wrong before. Stocking up on Bullets, Beans and Bandages wouldn't be a bad idea. Better to have and not need than the other way around.