Punishment in class

Zoltan97

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
I was talking with a friend the other day and while swapping stories was reminded of a time in the dojo when some of us were talking while our sensei was giving a demonstration and he made us all do push-ups as punishment.

Anyone on here have any stories, funny or otherwise, of times someone screwed up in the dojo and got punished for it?

Sorry if this is off topic, wasn't sure which category to put this thread under. I figured since discipline can typically lead to push-ups or sit-ups or what have you... strength training, right?

Not m club but my judo sensei Went to an international training camp.
A guy forgot to tie his belt properly as the entire club was lined up to bow out. Head sensei came up behind him and choked him out for the informality. Id have loved to see that shit.

When I first started I was trolling one of the top fighters, calling him trailer trash and making fun of him for being poor. Eating popeyes and donuts in front of him when he was cutting for his fight. Then as soon as I was allowed to spar (2 weeks later), the coach paired us up for the entire session. 1h of semi hard sparring. I got dropped maybe 3 times. Ate flying knees also. lol.

After the first round I was glad it was done, and was expecting someone else, and my coach goes "umm... you two stay together, it looks good".

Not m club but my judo sensei Went to an international training camp.
A guy forgot to tie his belt properly as the entire club was lined up to bow out. Head sensei came up behind him and choked him out for the informality. Id have loved to see that shit.

I would have definitely paid to see that. It might be because I'm still new to judo but what is the proper way to tie your belt? I think I have it down but I know there's a couple different ways. Not that our club is informal (we're told if we have our gi top wrong) but if we're just gonna roll so long as we have our uniforms together they're ok.

When I first started I was trolling one of the top fighters, calling him trailer trash and making fun of him for being poor. Eating popeyes and donuts in front of him when he was cutting for his fight. Then as soon as I was allowed to spar (2 weeks later), the coach paired us up for the entire session. 1h of semi hard sparring. I got dropped maybe 3 times. Ate flying knees also. lol.

After the first round I was glad it was done, and was expecting someone else, and my coach goes "umm... you two stay together, it looks good".

No flying knees for me but I've taken some beat downs for talking back. I was joking with one of the coaches and said something along the lines of "hey you should've gotten me by now, maybe you should go back to being a brown belt for a while". I guess the smirk he gave me should have been a heads up, but next thing I know he's on top of me sinking in the worst okuri eri jime.

at the gym i used to train at there was a standing punishment of 100 pushups if you forgot your gear or something, can't really remember what it was for.

No flying knees for me but I've taken some beat downs for talking back. I was joking with one of the coaches and said something along the lines of "hey you should've gotten me by now, maybe you should go back to being a brown belt for a while". I guess the smirk he gave me should have been a heads up, but next thing I know he's on top of me sinking in the worst okuri eri jime.
When in doubt, ground and pound

I would have definitely paid to see that. It might be because I'm still new to judo but what is the proper way to tie your belt? I think I have it down but I know there's a couple different ways. Not that our club is informal (we're told if we have our gi top wrong) but if we're just gonna roll so long as we have our uniforms together they're ok.

A. Always have it tied except during "the moment" in randori. Otherwise tie it.
B. Dont tie it like a bjj player. It needs to look like a single wrap.
C. When called to attention, to rei, mokuzo yame (sp?) , tie your shit. The japanese get pissed.

A. Always have it tied except during "the moment" in randori. Otherwise tie it.
B. Dont tie it like a bjj player. It needs to look like a single wrap.
C. When called to attention, to rei, mokuzo yame (sp?) , tie your shit. The japanese get pissed.

Then I've been doing it right. Weird. I guess since some of the others do BJJ, karate, and TKD they know different ways to tie it.

(Merry Christmas!)

Ground and pound?
Rachael.jpg

Back