Punishment for weight cutting and other fouls ideas from sherdog

10 lashings for 1st missed cut. 25 for 2nd missed cut, 3rd they take a finger

You are an equal opportunity kind of guy. A true business move because more divisions mean more belts. More belts mean more ways to "stack" ppvs. Glad u saved that pic in your av btw. Legendary 4 hr thread!
Who was o.p. for that? I cant seem to remember.

Does it restart once you reach 100?

Once it hits 100% (or cumulatively 10lbs), every time you miss weight again you fight for free or the UFC takes you to court for contract violation. It resets to 0 after 15 fights, i.e. if you keep making weight for the next 15 fights your record is wiped clean.

55_img5529_7932.jpg

Once it hits 100% (or cumulatively 10lbs), every time you miss weight again you fight for free or the UFC takes you to court for contract violation. It resets to 0 after 15 fights, i.e. if you keep making weight for the next 15 fights your record is wiped clean.
Motherfuckers would quit missing weight real fast. Maybe not "oh shit i have to fight rumble" fast, but still a good incentive

Motherfuckers would quit missing weight real fast. Maybe not "oh shit i have to fight rumble" fast, but still a good incentive

I see this and the automatic point deduction as realistic solutions.

It makes all the sense in the world to base the punishment on weight missing history of the particular fighter. Repeat offenders should be penalized to hell and back. There's no way Dern would miss weight again if it means she can only get 20% of her pay, and hell if I'm fighting her and she missed weight, I'll take 80% of her pay win or lose and feel pretty good about it.

Sherdog thinks you should be drawn and quartered after one eye poke

I see this and the automatic point deduction as realistic solutions.

It makes all the sense in the world to base the punishment on weight missing history of the particular fighter. Repeat offenders should be penalized to hell and back. There's no way Dern would miss weight again if it means she can only get 20% of her pay, and hell if I'm fighting her and she missed weight, I'll take 80% of her pay win or lose and feel pretty good about it.
Yeah, already ITT someone mentioned jungle fights, who takes away 2 points before the first bell even rings. Harsh but fair <{imoyeah}>

One issue with punishing guys too harshly for missing weight is that they might try to overdo it and someone ends up dying. Then the blame gets put on the promotion. I think 20% of your purse is fine but I do think you should be forced to move up a weight class if you miss weight more than once.

Ideally, you do what California is doing and if you cutting more than 10% of your walk around weight, you are slotted in a different weight class. It's the only fool proof method since they are also testing bone density and hydration levels.

If you miss weight, you give up 50% of your purse, the remaining 50% becomes 50% to show, 50% to win (this goes to charity if you lose). And you get a point deduction. Fouls should be a warning then a point.

If this was anything goes, men have to visit Brett Rogers in jail, women have to visit Larry Nassar.

Back