Punishment for weight cutting and other fouls ideas from sherdog

John makfresshi

BJJ, Judo, and 2x Sherdog Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
In another thread i saw @Couch Ninja say a good punishment for the loser of Mcg and khabib is to fight "the highlight" Justin Gatheje. It reminded me of my old solution i had came up with for the heinous crime of missing weight. I always had ideas to punish fighters for certain things. Blatant eye pokes and fence grabs would require your next fight to wear 3oz boxing gloves, groin strikes(non accidental) get you no cup for your next fight. These things would be signed on to each new UFC contract. My fantasy rule/punishment for the worst offense in my opinion, which is obviously weight cutting as made clear by my thread title, for 185-125 fighters was you had to fight Rumble if you missed weight. Anthony "Rumble" Johnson was a regular weight misser early in his career with the UFC where he began as Darren Till type WW (except slighty more athletic and explosive). However after being cut he changed the trajectory of his career by being a brutal knockout machine at 205 lbs, and even getting a big win at 205 lbs over Arvloski before being resigned by the UFC So the deal; miss weight and win, full camp to train for rumble. Miss weight and lose, then 2 weeks after medical clearance is over fight Rumble at the closest possible event. All these fights obviously will take place at open weight, simply because you have proven before that you can't make contractually obligated weight. In the event you dont show to fight him you forfeit double the percentage of your orginal punishment from the original fight. Problem solved. Any fun punishment for rule breaking please share.

TLDR: miss weight and fight Rumble in your next fight

Any fouls = Ken Shamrock is your fahkin' coach for your next fight. Get swole, knuckah.

Miss weight 50%, miss again 100% and suspension.

Idk about the not wearing a cup idea but you got a good laugh from me.

Miss weight and you are forced to drink 3 glasses of orange juice in a row after having brushed your teeth.

Any fouls = Ken Shamrock is your fahkin' coach for your next fight. Get swole, knuckah.
Why do you hate the fighters that much. Has the whole roster hurt you. That was a vile first reply!

Miss weight and you are forced to drink 3 glasses of orange juice in a row after having brushed your teeth.
That made me make tge strange face i always make when i accidentally drink o.j. too soon. I have even tried to cheat the system with sunny-d to no avail

Miss weight = straight to the noose <{imoyeah}>

Do i get a new belt at 1500?

That made me make tge strange face i always make when i accidentally drink o.j. too soon. I have even tried to cheat the system with sunny-d to no avail

I would rather walk through 30 yards of legos then ingest orange juice after I’ve brushed my teeth.

I've often said the opponent should get 1 free foul per round per pound over, but after thinking it over some more, I say it should be 5 free fouls/round. So if you miss weight by a pound, your opponent can go eye poke, nut shot, and then a couple soccer kicks to your head for the TKO win and it would be 100% legal.

Why do you hate the fighters that much. Has the whole roster hurt you. That was a vile first reply!

Never mind UFC material - if you can't handle Lion's Den training are you really even fit to live? These kids nowadays could learn a thing or two from a character like Jerry Bohlander.

I've often said the opponent should get 1 free foul per round per pound over, but after thinking it over some more, I say it should be 5 free fouls/round. So if you miss weight by a pound, your opponent can go eye poke, nut shot, and then a couple soccer kicks to your head for the TKO win and it would be 100% legal.
Great idea. Could even go eyepoke, nutkick, head stomp, drop to a knee on the skull and 12-6 elbow to the back of the head for the ko. "Hows that for weighing 172 you bum fuck"

I like what Jungle Fight does to punish fighters who miss weight: they get a fine and start the fight with - 2 points

Miss weight = forced gender reassignment surgery and moved to the tranny division

Punishes them and make sjw happy that they are being inclusive.

Make it a cumulative penalty system like driver's license, track history of weight misses for the last 10 or 15 fights. Miss weight by 1lbs for the first time = 10% show and win purse deduction, money goes to opponent. Miss weight again by say 2lbs: 1+2 = 3lbs therefore 30% show and win purse deduction, so on and so forth until you hit 100%, at which point any time you miss weight you fight for free or UFC takes you to court for contract violation.

For example, Dern missed weight by 7lbs, if she ever misses weight again by 1lbs, she'll be subject to an 7+1 = 80% show and win purse deduction, and all that money go towards her opponent. Darren Till has missed weight twice in the UFC, once by 5lbs, the other time by 3lbs. If he misses weight again by 1lbs, he'll be subject to a 5+3+1 = 90% show and win purse reduction, money goes towards his opponent.

Miss weight = forced gender reassignment surgery and moved to the tranny division

Punishes them and make sjw happy that they are being inclusive.
You are an equal opportunity kind of guy. A true business move because more divisions mean more belts. More belts mean more ways to "stack" ppvs. Glad u saved that pic in your av btw. Legendary 4 hr thread!

Make it a cumulative penalty system like driver's license, track history of weight misses for the last 10 or 15 fights. Miss weight by 1lbs for the first time = 10% show and win purse deduction, money goes to opponent. Miss weight again by say 2lbs: 1+2 = 3lbs therefore 30% show and win purse deduction, so on and so forth until you hit 100%, at which point any time you miss weight you fight for free or UFC takes you to court for contract violation.

For example, Dern missed weight by 7lbs, if she ever misses weight again by 1lbs, she'll be subject to an 7+1 = 80% show and win purse deduction, and all that money go towards her opponent. Darren Till has missed weight twice in the UFC, once by 5lbs, the other time by 3lbs. If he misses weight again by 1lbs, he'll be subject to a 5+3+1 = 90% show and win purse reduction, money goes towards his opponent.
Does it restart once you reach 100?

Back