PunchTown KARPAL eX TAT2 MMA Gloves

Thanks for posting this on my behalf Cody! Here are some photos I took.

IMG_3815.jpg

IMG_3817.jpg

IMG_3822.jpg

IMG_3824.jpg

IMG_3831.jpg

And to visually explain how thick/thin the padding is, I've put together the Hayabusa 4oz MMA Glove, the PunchTown KARPAL eX TAT2 MMA Glove and the Jaco Guardian Cup for reference.

IMG_3838.jpg

IMG_3842.jpg

Cool review and pics, thanks. $80 is really steep for 4oz MMA gloves but I guess with these you're paying for the aesthetics in the customized leather designs.

Just received my pair and I got to say they are really much like the hayabusa gloves... same cut etc.

if you have to choose between one of those get the pair you like most regarding style!

Kind of interesting to see the innovations that Fairtex and Hayabusa came up with combined with a new twist. I like the carbon styling as well, though their other designs are a little bit "Afflictiony" for my taste and the brand name could stand to be a bit more subtle.

As mentioned they are rather pricey as well and the styling on the smaller strap is a bit lame to be paired with the aesthetics of the rest of the glove, but it's interesting to see the next step (if you will) in the evolution of MMA gloves. The potential for this brand to use the technology available to them to put a work of art on your hands is pretty cool. The Medusa model is evidence of that, in my opinion. I'll be interested in seeing what this brand does in the future.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just received my pair and I got to say they are really much like the hayabusa gloves... same cut etc.

if you have to choose between one of those get the pair you like most regarding style!

They look as though they have a lot more in common with the Fairtex gloves. You would disagree, though?

I can't answer this because I don't have a pair of fairtex' but physically they kinda look similar

I own Fairtex and Hayabusa gloves (and like them both a lot). They look to have used the Fairtex glove design and implemented a similar strap to Hayabusa. I've had Fairtex based gloves from a few other companies that didn't come close to the original, but these do look very high quality. PunchTown may get my money with one of their future designs.

They are very nice gloves. Regarding the designs on their site it says they have released a number of designs to see which sell better so fingers crossed the less in your face carbon type sell better although a number of fighters at the weekend wore them and they all had the affliciony type ones :(

I really like the boa system and hope they release it inconjuction with their mma sparring gloves as you would have to be mental to spar with them.......or just not like your partner :)

Definitely similar but they're 2 completely different gloves. Same cut? How can 2 gloves be of the same "cut"? If you're talking structure, then they differ so much by means of finger placement, the way you make a fist, where the fold is and etc.

I would say these look similar to the fairtex gloves except in the last picture you can see that have that little pocket on the outside of the hand that a lot of people complain about. I dont really care for the carbon fiber look and the price does seem high. I am interested to see how they hold up let us know how long they last.

To be fair though, which glove doesn't have the said bit that sticks out? Do the Fairtex ones not fold like that? The Hayabusa's do as well but not as much as the PunchTowns.

No, the fairtex are the only glove I have ever used that dont flair out like that.

That's good to hear. Looks like I'm gonna need another pair to complete the arsenal.

Back