Punching bag got rained on

MuckRaker

White Belt
Reaction score
Hey everyone my punching bag accidently got rained on because I forgot to move it and now its as hard as a rock. Its not a leather punching and water can get into it relatively easy. Am I screwed or can I do something to get it back to the way it was? Thanks in advance.

I had this happen to my punching bag. After it dried out, I just pulled it down, rolled it around on the concrete, stomped on it a few times and it was fine.

Jeremiah Bailey said:
I had this happen to my punching bag. After it dried out, I just pulled it down, rolled it around on the concrete, stomped on it a few times and it was fine.

lol, if that is not a quick fix, I dont know what is

My best heavy bag got rained on and if you let it harden and blast that fucker a few hundred times a day you will be able to kick the shit out of peoples shins.

it will mold unless you live in a hot part of the country...it happned to my old shity everlast bag...and it started to smell after a month

I left mine out one weekend to go camping with my younger sisters highschool class, it rained on friday night, and was below freezing until monday, the bag was literaly frozen solid, one hit and I decided I didn't want to train on a piece of cement. So I took it inside (and weighed it, 28 lbs heavier when frozen), opened it up, took all of the stuffing out in chunks the size of my head, and spread them on a piece of carpet in front of the wood stove. Over the day I picked up ice cube sized pieces of ice an tossed them, and moved the stuffing around, at the end of the day it was dry and fluffy, and even smelt nice, and I put it back in.
bottom line, you will be fine.

consider it a blessing, a great way to deaden your shin nerves

Back