Punch Drunk Boxers...

Terry Norris...the dude even drools....Fuck man now I feel shitty.:icon_sad:

i saw a clip of terry a couple years back and physically he still looks good but yeah he slurs his words really badly..from what i heard terry was one of those fighters who used to go to war in sparring sessions...terry never had the strongest chin but it was just weird to at the time how he just fell to pieces in his last 3 fights all of a sudden

I'm from Massachusetts and coach wrestling. Every year we travel out to Lowell for a multi-day tournament. Every year us coaches go out to eat and grab a beer or two (or three or four or eight or nine, depends who is asking! lol). Every year we have the pleasure? of meeting and talking with Mickey Ward.

Let me tell you, Mickey is both punch drunk and drunk drunk. He has always been borderline incoherent. It's really upsetting because as a fan I was hoping for so much more. Lowell is a really rough Irish settled city and Ward basically gets by on free drinks. He has always been relatively friendly and polite but you can tell he never has a clue where he is or what's going on.

I'm from Massachusetts and coach wrestling. Every year we travel out to Lowell for a multi-day tournament. Every year us coaches go out to eat and grab a beer or two (or three or four or eight or nine, depends who is asking! lol). Every year we have the pleasure? of meeting and talking with Mickey Ward.

Let me tell you, Mickey is both punch drunk and drunk drunk. He has always been borderline incoherent. It's really upsetting because as a fan I was hoping for so much more. Lowell is a really rough Irish settled city and Ward basically gets by on free drinks. He has always been relatively friendly and polite but you can tell he never has a clue where he is or what's going on.

His speech isn't the greatest but he doesn't seem that bad. Then again, you've seen him in person and I haven't. This interview is pretty recent:

If someone could embed, that would be good.
YouTube - Micky Ward UFC Fan Expo Boston

We had a joke in wrestling "old wrestlers have cauliflowered ears, old boxers have cauliflowered brains".
The irony being I now train boxing, but seeing as I'm 35 too old to compete, just love to learn the sport.

Back