Punch Drunk Boxers...

That doesn't necessarily have much to do with how damaged his brain has gotten. In fact, it has let him take more punishment. The man has had more than eighty pro fights.

When I said stopped I meant stopped by the fighter, not the ref, I should have said KO'd. When you get knocked out it is the huge impact on the brain that forces it to shut off. There is no more "punishment" that can be taken. More punishment than that would induce a coma or even cause instant death.

We as fans all contribute to a boxer's condition as well. We pay the tickets to attend, watch television that gives the networks the ratings to charge advertisers and buy pay per view broadcasts.

We as fans all contribute to a boxer's condition as well. We pay the tickets to attend, watch television that gives the networks the ratings to charge advertisers and buy pay per view broadcasts.

No we don't, don't try blaming us! The boxer becomes a boxer before we buy tickets, they accumulate damage before we buy tickets. Some boxers don't get paid money, and they all start out with no pay.

We only buy tickets AFTER they have decided to become a boxer!

Fucking Pernell Whitaker is punch drunk.

Nobody except Foreman is immune.

Somehow Charles Barkley is punch drunk and big George isn't.

yeah he had a great career..exciting fights and moneywise he made a grip but he could have done more...he's only 32 but he's fat and punchy..done at a young age like riddick bowe...that saddening to me

Is it true he also is broke now? Its so crazy how his personality seems completely different. Yeah he is fat too, haha.

Don't forget about Chuvalo. It's amazing that he seems to be healthy, after such a punishing career.

No we don't, don't try blaming us! The boxer becomes a boxer before we buy tickets, they accumulate damage before we buy tickets. Some boxers don't get paid money, and they all start out with no pay.

We only buy tickets AFTER they have decided to become a boxer!

If there wasn't a pay day there would be no boxing after their teenage amateur careers

I met Iran Barkley in person a few years ago and he has it bad. Sounds like he's trying to talk with a sock in his mouth.

in pernell's case its not the punches...the only fight in which he really took something of a beating was when he faced trinidad...the drugs are the reason pernell is the way he is

Is it true he also is broke now? Its so crazy how his personality seems completely different. Yeah he is fat too, haha.

i dont think he's broke broke but from what ive heard his mother of all ppl also stole some money from him

Last edited:
in pernell's case its not the punches...the only fight in which he really took something of a beating was when he faced trinidad...the drugs are the reason pernell is the way he is

Any proof? Or are you just making shit up?

That was a little harsh, but you're presenting your opinion as fact.

Boxers go through a lot more boxing than just what they do in their fights. Sparring for years on end can take a lot out of you.

Boxers go through a lot more boxing than just what they do in their fights. Sparring for years on end can take a lot out of you.

sweet pea liked the nose candy even failed a drug test cause of it

it is the truth...just like someone mentioned he even had a fight on his record which he won on UD that was changed to a no contest because he failed a post fight drug test.

Don't forget about Chuvalo. It's amazing that he seems to be healthy, after such a punishing career.

Yes, in that Chuvalo/Ali documentary on the DOC channel, George is very well spoken and articulate. If you didn't know what he did in the past, you would never know he was a boxer. George is a great guy with a ton of character, a class act if there ever was one. Tough as all getout too!

Back