Punch count youtube channel discredits all of Mayweather Jr.'s wins

To this fucking day, I believe with my whole heart that Castillo beat that ass the first time.

To this fucking day, I believe with my whole heart that Castillo beat that ass the first time.
Pretty close fight. Could have gone either way. Not as controversial as people have made it seem over the years.

Pretty close fight. Could have gone either way. Not as controversial as people have made it seem over the years.

Close fight but Floyd should have lost really. Pretty remarkable that he only really had one controversial fight. You fight that long and you would think you would have a lot more.

Floyd's style of defense leads most people to believe that shots which landed didn't actually land, whereas the opposite is true of shots that didn't land. I think which camp you fall into may depend on your thoughts on Floyd himself.

When you go frame by frame, you can see him being hit far more often than people normally give credit for. Then it becomes an argument over how effective they were, whether they hit shoulder or were clean shots etc. Truth is though, I don't think Floyd is as unhittable as people make him out to be. I don't think the Castillo fight was close at all. Second one, sure. First one I thought was pretty clear and all ringside observers thought so too.

Close fight but Floyd should have lost really. Pretty remarkable that he only really had one controversial fight. You fight that long and you would think you would have a lot more.
I've seen lots of people who saw that fight even or even had Floyd winning. Its just something the biggest Floyd haters latched on to. It wasn't so controversial as people made it out to be.

Agree its the closest he came to losing though.

I've seen lots of people who saw that fight even or even had Floyd winning. Its just something the biggest Floyd haters latched on to. It wasn't so controversial as people made it out to be.

Agree its the closest he came to losing though.

You would know better than I, seems like the further we get from it the more people are saying Floyd won to defend his undefeated record. Even if he did lose marginally, who cares, still had an unreal career. No losses or 1 loss is still incredibly impressive considering I'm sure that he showed up a handful of times on fight not and didn't feel his best or perform his best.

Floyd's style of defense leads most people to believe that shots which landed didn't actually land, whereas the opposite is true of shots that didn't land. I think which camp you fall into may depend on your thoughts on Floyd himself.

When you go frame by frame, you can see him being hit far more often than people normally give credit for. Then it becomes an argument over how effective they were, whether they hit shoulder or were clean shots etc. Truth is though, I don't think Floyd is as unhittable as people make him out to be. I don't think the Castillo fight was close at all. Second one, sure. First one I thought was pretty clear and all ringside observers thought so too.

No, they didn't. The Associated Press actually had the same score as Keane and Roth and Fat Dan scored it a draw (I'm not arguing that either the AP or Fat Dan should be looked at as an authority, just that it's demonstrably false that all ringside observers thought Castillo won). It was a very close fight that could be scored a few different ways. If we're looking at the fight as a whole, I think Castillo had more moments, but people forget that he (as he was like to do throughout his career) more or less gave away the first four rounds. If you can find two more rounds after that to give to Mayweather (and there are several very close rounds after that), then you have a draw.

Castillo finished a little stronger and thats what people tend to remember. But scored a round at a time, it was pretty close.

Back