Pulver out of retirement

brian12

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I was looking at the front page a few minutes ago when I noticed Jens is scheduled to fight for ONEFC. I can't help but feel bad for the guy because he must be really hurting for money to still be fighting at this point. I hope he finds some other way to make a living. I'd hate to see him end up bad off.

Last edited:
He's going to get brutalized, badly. I'm guessing after that he'll retire again. Pain has a way of making you remember why you retired in the first place.

[YT]DtsKcHmceqY[/YT]

He might be out of retirement. But he didn't resign with the UFC. So - FYI - this post is in the wrong forum.

He's the Brett Farve of MMA. Retires after every fight, while crying but can't stay away. I love him, he's a legends to me but needs to know when to hang the gloves up, .... and well KEEP Them up

Yeah he has fallen on tough times. Hopefully things work out for him

The man's 40 years old... he has no business coming out of retirement IMO. This is sad.

He might be out of retirement. But he didn't resign with the UFC. So - FYI - this post is in the wrong forum.

Really? Does it really matter? He is the first LW Champ of UFC, and a legend. Was glad it was posted here so I'd see it. You really needed to get another free post under your belt that bad?

Edit: Wrong thread! Please delete.

At this point I think it's more than just money. When you've been fighting your whole life you get dependent on the lifestyle. Like some addiction to adrenaline or something. Jens has got plenty of business opportunities. I wouldn't be surprised if he's set for life. Just doesn't know what do do with his life past fighting.

On December 4, 2014, it was announced by OneFC that Pulver would be coming out of retirement. He is expected to face Fransino Tirta at One FC 26 in Indonesia on February 14, 2015... That's Valentines day so it may be even more heartbreaking.

Unless he is fighting an absolute bum this is an awful idea. I'm actually FB friends with Jens and I think I'm going to tell him such

man thats rough. Pulver should keep the gloves hung up, he's already done a lot for the sport.

This could be the case. I would think he could take up training other fighters but maybe he doesn't have the personality for it.

At this point I think it's more than just money. When you've been fighting your whole life you get dependent on the lifestyle. Like some addiction to adrenaline or something. Jens has got plenty of business opportunities. I wouldn't be surprised if he's set for life. Just doesn't know what do do with his life past fighting.

man thats rough. Pulver should keep the gloves hung up, he's already done a lot for the sport.

I wish he would as well, I think its just a case of not having another way to make a living

Can't be 100% sure though maybe he just really loves to fight, hope he doesn't hurt himself long term

No respect for jens. He should retire, but some of you are dicks. He invented the LW div. He was such a big deal the UFC had to close out the LW div when he left. Guys a legend

Back