Pulled over for not signaling early enough...

jk7707

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
http://www.daytondailynews.com/news/news/crime-law/officer-to-motorist-you-made-direct-eye-contact/nnShG/

Hard to argue with this one. I've seen people pulled over for not signaling (very rarely), but not signaling 100ft before turning. Absolute bullshit. The direct eye contact quote is the most damning part of it. I'm not trying to say it's us or them, but it hurts the reputation of cops all over the country when you see somebody like this CLEARLY harassing somebody that he shouldn't be.

lol I'm loving cameras on cops.

After a certain time at night in my area cops use these wide turns, no signal and other petty things to pull people over to check for a dui. Basically they just pull you over and look/talk to you to see if your drunk and if it isn't obvious they tell you the petty thing you did and say make sure dont do it again and send you on your way. They get like 60% of their dui's like that. A leo that works that area told me that. I've never been pulled over for anything like that but I know people who have been.

Seems like a bullshit stop by the cop, but I'd like to see the dashcam footage of the LEO.

The cops break all the rules on the road I wonder why citizens do as well. Key to security forces and reliability is to follow the rules as well. :D

So no ticket? I don't know how this man will survive this horrible incident.

http://www.daytondailynews.com/news/news/crime-law/officer-to-motorist-you-made-direct-eye-contact/nnShG/

Hard to argue with this one. I've seen people pulled over for not signaling (very rarely), but not signaling 100ft before turning. Absolute bullshit. The direct eye contact quote is the most damning part of it. I'm not trying to say it's us or them, but it hurts the reputation of cops all over the country when you see somebody like this CLEARLY harassing somebody that he shouldn't be.

From Ask a Trooper; As for when should a person signal their intent to turn or change lanes, each situation is slightly different. I would advise good common sense to look at the total picture of, location, traffic volume, speeds and highway conditions. Minnesota law states:

So no ticket? I don't know how this man will survive this horrible incident.
I once got pulled over for changing lanes within 100 feet of an intersection. I didnt get a ticket but I got severe PTSD from it! Now every time I see a badge it triggers me and I need to lay down and cry. Oh woe is me!!

it's called a "quota system".
cops need to get a certain number of citations per month.
pure and simple.

I would have given him a ticket for the back sassing tbh. Shut your mouth and accept the warning and it's done. You don't need to go all Rosa Parks on his ass for pulling you over.

It's a b.s. reason to pull someone over, but the guy did technically make a mistake (as minor as it is) and the cop didn't give him a ticket, so it's not that big of a deal.

How are all these losers gonna raise revenue when the self driving cars are all over the roads...

I'm pretty sure the reputation of cops across the country is still intact and this is nowhere near harassment. You stupid?

I'm gonna hit you with some knowledge right here boy...If you are driving around in the middle of the night and it's not on the highway or interstate you can and will be pulled over more often than in the daytime. License plate lamp, no signal, dark tint, swerving, etc...

I learned by like age 13 that if you make eye contact with cops you're much more likely to get hassled.

The part where the cop actually explained it honestly to him is the interesting part. Perhaps that is actually their training, watch for crazy people giving challenging looks to authority figures or something.

It was a bs reason to pull him over. It's true he only gave a warning but was it to be nice or because he was being recorded.

Last edited:
I got pulled over on Quantico Marine Base once in HS, for going 25 in a 25. Apparently as it had rained earlier, that was much too fast for weather conditions. This dick was actually in the process of writing me a ticket, but i had pulled into my dude's driveway who's dad was the commanding general (LTG Hanlon, my dude). once his dad came out and asked the reason for us being pulled, dude looked real stupid w/ the swiftness and got verbally reamed.

Couldn't believe that shit tho, 25 in a 25 and it wasn't even raining anymore

I'm back and grew up in a almost all white neighborhood. When we were kids the cops would stop us and check the serial numbers on our bmx bikes to make sure they weren't stolen.

Late signalers piss me off. Especially when i'm waiting to pull out of somewhere. If i were a cop, i'd pull them over too and tell them how to use their fuckin signals.

I once got pulled over for changing lanes within 100 feet of an intersection. I didnt get a ticket but I got severe PTSD from it! Now every time I see a badge it triggers me and I need to lay down and cry. Oh woe is me!!
Seriously, he should lawyer up to cover his Medical costs.

I got pulled over on Quantico Marine Base once in HS, for going 25 in a 25. Apparently as it had rained earlier, that was much too fast for weather conditions. This dick was actually in the process of writing me a ticket, but i had pulled into my dude's driveway who's dad was the commanding general (LTG Hanlon, my dude). once his dad came out and asked the reason for us being pulled, dude looked real stupid w/ the swiftness and got verbally reamed.

Couldn't believe that shit tho, 25 in a 25 and it wasn't even raining anymore

I've been pulled over for going the speedlimit before as well (crested the top of the hill at the speedlimit, which meant that I WAS going to be speeding on the way down, so says the officer). It's so insanely stupid a thing that when it happens, you're too stunned to respond.

Back