1. Monday Downtime - All Evolve Media Sites will be undergoing maintenance Monday March 30. This will occur during a window of 7 PM (Pacific Time) to Tuesday afternoon. We apologize for any inconvenience.

pulled off my first omaplata and gogoplata's today

Discussion in 'Grappling Technique' started by hxcore3000, May 7, 2008.

1. hxcore3000

hxcore3000 Orange Belt

ive been wrestling for four years now and recently started doing bjj and judo last year. problem is ive never been real flexible. so for the last two months ive been stretching and stretching every chance i get and today at the gym a few wrestlers wanted to grapple so i jumped in. Next thing i know i pull guard and im using rubber guard left and right continuosly and doing things ive never been able to do before. In one hour I pulled off like 6 omaplata's and 8 gogoplata's.

2. Mikey Triangles

Mikey Triangles Bending Joints the Wrong Way Since 1985

congratulations?

3. idahofireman

idahofireman Banned Banned

Check out Stephan Kesting's " Dynamic Omoplata" DVD IT changed my whole game.

4. hxcore3000

hxcore3000 Orange Belt

hell up until today, ive just pulled off the basics you know, triangle's, armbars, kimuras, and always been a big fan of the achilles lock"atleast thats what we call it" but yeah, where I picked up jiu jitsu we never emphasized the rubber guard so much so its added alot of dimension to my game

thx I'll definitely look that up