Public Service Announcement: Aspartame is...

So when I tell someone to drink some formaldehyde, I won't get dubbs?

Seeing as this thread is pretty old now, headaches and cancer associated with aspartame are old news now. The holistic lobbyists are now saying that aspartame raises your insulin levels and your body is forced to quickly convert the glucose into fat. Aka, "Your body doesn't recognize those chemicals as natural, so even though it says zero calorie, you may as well drink a regular Coke."

I've also heard a lot of "it causes acne" -- "your body tries to excrete the unidentifiable chemicals through your skin and it clogs your pores" flying around.

Game over Sinister. Aspartame make you fat, dumb, and riddled with pimples. All we need now is brovidence that it also causes red hair and all your credibility will be irrevocably gone. You're pretty much on the verge of getting demodded for being a pro-aspartame shill. You've been warned.

Seeing as this thread is pretty old now, headaches and cancer associated with aspartame are old news now. The holistic lobbyists are now saying that aspartame raises your insulin levels and your body is forced to quickly convert the glucose into fat. Aka, "Your body doesn't recognize those chemicals as natural, so even though it says zero calorie, you may as well drink a regular Coke."

I've also heard a lot of "it causes acne" -- "your body tries to excrete the unidentifiable chemicals through your skin and it clogs your pores" flying around.

Game over Sinister. Aspartame make you fat, dumb, and riddled with pimples. All we need now is brovidence that it also causes red hair and all your credibility will be irrevocably gone. You're pretty much on the verge of getting demodded for being a pro-aspartame shill. You've been warned.

Alright, I didnt have time to read the entire thing so maybe it has been brought up already but this is the newest research on the subject.

https://www.sciencenews.org/blog/scicurious/sour-side-artificial-sweeteners
https://www.sciencenews.org/article/artificial-sweeteners-may-tip-scales-toward-metabolic-problems

It seems some artificial sweetners can alter gut bacteria to mess up glucose levels. However, more research is still needed.

My personal opinion? Keep it in moderation. A diet pop or two a week probably wouldn't hurt you. But if this latest research turns out to be true, may as well just enjoy a regular soda. Our bodies have evolved over millions of years to know how to process sugar, why consume something our bodies don't nessisarily know how to process properly?

lolwut_o_1176968.jpg

Ofcourse aspartame is bad for you... But do whatever you want. It'll be too late when you realize that your bad lifestyle has led to your illnesses.

Ofcourse aspartame is bad for you... But do whatever you want. It'll be too late when you realize that your bad lifestyle has led to your illnesses.

whoa captain buzz kill ... the whole thread is debunking the aspartame stigma... so tell us why you think it's so bad...

Use stevia instead. Actually, just blend it in water, it'll create pure h20 and make you lean and ripped, playa.

Yes, use stevia, the only alternative sweetener that actually has some scientific data that it effects DNA.

Back