Social Public Official fired after refusing to call black woman Doctor

Gotta love the loaded question: "is this racism, sexism, or both?"

What about neither? as there's zero indication that his actions were racist or sexist. He was just being an ass.

On one hand I can't stand these kinds of people who demand you call them Doctor or some other type of title, as some sort of ego trip. On the other hand the guy is a public official, so should have just accepted her request, and not make a bigger issue than it really is. She's a young black woman so of course the incident made the news and the race angle was pushed, and he was let go from his job as the Zoning commissioner.

https://6abc.com/carrie-rosario-greensboro-tony-collins-dr/10554113/

The guy is being a dildo to someone that is volunteering to help the city. Fuck him.

A doctorate of public health no more requires a ‘doctor’ title than does my jurisdoctorate degree, aka law degree.

Not a medical doctor, nor a PhD. Everybody is degraded by pretending this is a serious credential that requires people to call you ‘doctor.’

She has her Ph.D and teaches at a university. I am not really understanding your point. When you were at university, did you go about correcting your professors that they weren't really doctors?

Should have had an apple a day and that bitch would have never been a problem.

She has her Ph.D and teaches at a university. I am not really understanding your point. When you were at university, did you go about correcting your professors that they weren't really doctors?

She’s not a Ph.D. ‘Doctor of Public Health,’ like ‘Doctorate of Education’ is a low tier professional degree.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doctor_of_Public_Health

Part of the problem is that churning out these low tier alternative professional degrees means anyone who gets one has a chip on their shoulder about their legitimacy.

Also I find it pretty dumb when Ph.D holders insist on being called doctor as well, but that’s another subject. Normally I’d just call them professor as a professional title if they are an academic, and Mr/Ms. socially. The title goes with the profession, not with the degree they got at some point in their life.

They both seem like insufferable people. Is it really that hard to just call her doctor? And does she really need her ego validated so badly?

These people are cunts.

Non medical doctors who have not graduated in medical science aren’t really doctors. If you choose to call them doctor then it’s up to you but they can’t demand it.

She’s not a Ph.D. ‘Doctor of Public Health,’ like ‘Doctorate of Education’ is a low tier professional degree.

Part of the problem is that churning out these low tier alternative professional degrees means anyone who gets one has a chip on their shoulder about their legitimacy.

Also I find it pretty dumb when Ph.D holders insist on being called doctor as well, but that’s another subject. Normally I’d just call them professor as a professional title if they are an academic, and Mr/Ms. socially. The title goes with the profession, not with the degree they got at some point in their life.

I think you have to take a look at the two before you start drawing out your conclusions. It isn't any easy or quicker to get. It is just geared more to actually going into the real world instead of academia, which she is part of by teaching at North Carolina. It is still a 3 to 7 year degree but it requires work experience before entering the program so no wet heads can get into it without having been in the real world. It starts getting ridiculous as well when you are saying that they aren't a doctor but their degree says 'DOCTOR OF PUBLIC HEALTH'.

My degree says doctor too. I’m not a doctor. I’m a lawyer.

The practice of calling people by their school degree rather than by their profession is dumb, and it becomes particularly dumb for knock off degrees like D of E and D of Public Health—which try to emulate PhDs but without the rigor or competitiveness. It’s title inflation.

Look at the program requirements. Most are online degrees. Even for a degree from Harvard, it’s just a straight three year program. It’s comparable to law school, not a PhD. https://www.hsph.harvard.edu/admissions/degree-programs/doctor-of-public-health/

My best friend when I was in the Air Force was Tongan. I got to meet his family and they were amazing people. Then 2 years ago I got to actually go. I loved it. Friendliest people on earth

i have to question just how friendly tongans really are.....just a thought.

Last edited:
My degree says doctor too. I’m not a doctor. I’m a lawyer.

The practice of calling people by their school degree rather than by their profession is dumb, and it becomes particularly dumb for knock off degrees like D of E and D of Public Health—which try to emulate PhDs but without the rigor or competitiveness. It’s title inflation.

Look at the program requirements. Most are online degrees. Even for a degree from Harvard, it’s just a straight three year program. It’s comparable to law school, not a PhD. https://www.hsph.harvard.edu/admissions/degree-programs/doctor-of-public-health/

Way back when, I was involved in a huge EU funded research project with lots of Doctors and professors.
One German guy had 2 doctors so he wanted to be addressed as
"Doctor Doctor Last name", we called him his "first name", to screw with him. Good times.

What kind of PHD does she have? If it’s some bullshit like women’s studies, this man is a hero. He stood up for all of humanity in this case.

edit: it was a volunteer position. Lol. Not even paid. That mans pride is intact.

double edit: Doctor of Public Health. That reads “liberal with head up ass telling others how to live not by science, but by politics”

it’s commonly demeaned as being “sociology” just masked. And sociologists destroy America with bullshit like critical race theory.

read the comments where sociology is mentioned

So even the people in the program think it's bullshit?

<36>

Back