[Psychologically] What does it mean to be part of a Sherdog Meme?

Ar145984

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I am a psych student evaluating some of the users on Sherdog. One of the most interesting things I've noticed was the development of Sherdog memes.

Such as the following:

Nickname-status fighters (Full Camp Mendes, Sea-level Cain, Motivated Penn)
Huge, if true.
Sage Northcutt Threads
Conorbless

As I mentioned, part of my research is to understand why people are attracted and oriented towards these behaviors. My belief is that each person who plays a role in memes has a submissive quality about them derived from their relationship with their fathers. If their fathers did not give them a lot of attention, they would "say phrases" that would make their dad's happy. In this case, the Sherdog community is "dad" and the "memes" are phrases to earn praise from dad.

I am a psych student evaluating some of the users on Sherdog. One of the most interesting things I've noticed was the development of Sherdog memes.

Such as the following:

Huge, if true.
Sage Northcutt Threads
Conorbless

As I mentioned, part of my research is to understand why people are attracted and oriented towards these behaviors. My belief is that each person who plays a role in memes has a submissive quality about them derived from their relationship with their fathers. If their fathers did not give them a lot of attention, they would "say phrases" that would make their dad's happy. In this case, the Sherdog community is "dad" and the "memes" are phrases to earn praise from dad.

they troll people like you.

I never have used any of those sayings on this account or past accounts.

Such as the following:

Huge, if true.
Sage Northcutt Threads
Conorbless

Rickson by armbar is goat.

It's a chance to be a part of something greater than yourself.

No attention from father and over using memes since to be quite a stretch, me and my dad are necessarily close and I sure as hell hate most of the memes on here.

My dad is Thick, Solid, and Tight. No homo

So Sherdog is my Daddy?
It all makes sense now.

Question; I suck my thumb profusely and moan like a whore when I am on Sherdog. Have you got any ideas what that could mean?

Aha, most Sherdoggers have Daddy issues ... I knew it!

I stopped visiting my dad around 10 when my mom convinced me and my sis that we didn't need to talk to him any more. I didn't talk to him again until I was 22 years old. I reforged contact and wanted to make up for lost time

What a fucking mistake

The man is a crazy young earth creationist conspiracy theory loving delusional drunkard. He eats, shits, and sleeps to the tune of end of days propaganda on the t.v. and radio.. 5 years later and I've dropped all contact with him, and indeed all other members of my dysfunctional family.

I hope this helps you and your bright future in the lucrative field of psychology.

did you do this up after your girl gave you an iPad?

oh cute, you've been in school for a week and already think you know what you're doing

Freudian psychology is bullshit and was laughed out of the profession decades ago. Where do you go to school, in a time warp?

Its more just people taking an opportunity to be part of an inside joke. The same with any meme really.

That's a whole lotta jumping and leaping to conclusions. How does someone who grew up with a single mother, or another family member as a caretaker factor in?
Aren't most kids submissive to their parents to some extent given that they tend to do what their parents say (aside from oppositional kids)?

I'd argue that some of it has to do with wanting to fit in. The memes are inside jokes, and, to an extent
preserve history. It's ultimately a subculture/quasi community. At times, I do think some people find childish things funny, but I think there's sometimes a place for juvenile humor (some posters actually are juveniles by chronological age). These forums are often an outlet. There are too many people who find certain memes humorous and not others to even think they are all explained with the same theory or personality type/ type of upbringing.
And parent-child relationships are huge in influencing a person's development - but they aren't the be-all end-all.

Also...
I never have used any of those sayings on this account or past accounts.

Reported.

Back