PSA: If Isreal wins PLEASE don't create any Jon Jones vs Isreal threads

Snowy1

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Jon is about 5 levels higher than KG (and I like KG).

Whatever happens in this fight...Isreal is at least 5 fights away from being anywhere near Jones (who should be focusing on HW's not calling out MWs).

Wouldnt make any sense without the Whittaker fight happening first.

Dammit Snowy1, you're not making it easy, but for you alright.

Whoever wins tonight will be the Sherdog declared GOAT with about 10 threads immediately pushing for Conor to fight them

okay but i will make 10 threads about Stylebender being the MW GOAT

Wouldnt make any sense without the Whittaker fight happening first.
Respectfully, I disagree.

Tonight we have the FW champ, fighting LW contender for an interim LW title. Max is not defending his own title, and was gifted (essentially) a LW title shot.

Don't get me wrong, I like Max, and the rematch does make sense (as both fighters have evolved and gotten better), but I would rather have see Max defend his own title, and Tony fight Dustin. If anything, this just goes to prove belts and rankings really don't mean anything anymore.

That being said, if the UFC would give Adesanya a shot at Jones (based on a win tonight), he should take that fight first. Moving up and fighting Jones would both mean more, and likely pay more. Adesanya losing to Jones won't hurt his stock much at all, and would barely affect his title aspirations at MW. If for whatever reason he were to beat Jones, the sky's the limit and Adesanya could pretty much write his own ticket.

Given the way the UFC is putting fights together now, Adesanya could lose to Jones and still end up getting a title shot at Whitaker.

I wanna see Izzy call Jones daddy.

<{jackyeah}>

Back