PS4 RPGs Recs (maybe throw backs)

digimon cyber sleuth is actually remarkably like persona but digimon instead of personas. it also has an incredibly deep evolution system for making your party

the story isnt as good, its lighthearted and cartoony. but if you like persona gameplay mechanics, i recommend it. same kind of thing as exploring japan, building social connections/friendships/sidequests in an overworld then going into dungeons where you have custom built teams fight on your behalf, then evolving/fusing them to get new ones

maxresdefault.jpg

for the record, i thought it would suck because it looks like a kids game and i always though of digimon as bargain bin pokemon, but i kept reading recommendations, and i ended up spending way too much time digivolving different growth trees and shit

I'm actually playing through it now, but I'm only about a few missions in so it hasn't quite hooked me yet. Put it aside for FFXV, but I just finished that up so looking to jump back into this here next.

It's funny you should compare it to Persona. My nephews come over quite a bit and have been really into this Digimon game, and the last time they came over I told them "If you guys like this Digimon game so much, you should check out a few of the Persona games on have on the Vita. They have a lot in common in the collections scene but a much better story"

The new Digimon game hits PS4 next week. I kind of want to get into that too, but I have too many time sink RPG's coming out really soon and when Persona 5 hits in April, everything is going to take a back seat. That's easy to say now, but Zelda: Breath of the Wild hits 3/3 and I might change my tune when I get neck deep into that.

I will say it's a great time for RPG fans. Tons of RPG's on the horizon.

Back