Prowler, Strength Apparatus

I've never used a prowler only seen the videos of people using them on DeFranco's youtube page and it always looks pretty damn tiring hah

This thread reminded me of a thread I saw on another forum about this piece of equipment. I swear I don't work for Sorinex, or even know how much this thing costs, but it looks like you can do just about everything with it.
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7MTWsNZzbZg&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7MTWsNZzbZg&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

HOLY SHITTY SONG BATMAN!

That thing looks SO AWESOME. I'd DEFINITELY buy one after college, at my own place. SO FUCKING COOL. haha.

This thread reminded me of a thread I saw on another forum about this piece of equipment. I swear I don't work for Sorinex, or even know how much this thing costs, but it looks like you can do just about everything with it.
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7MTWsNZzbZg&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7MTWsNZzbZg&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Must...Have...Now.

Why can't gym owners be smarter and buy something that is so versatile instead of dropping thousands on a stupid leg extension machine!? :mad:

EDIT: That is $1,650.00...a leg extension/leg curl machine is almost $3,000...

You've gotta be kidding me...

Must...Have...Now.

Why can't gym owners be smarter and buy something that is so versatile instead of dropping thousands on a stupid leg extension machine!? :mad:

EDIT: That is $1,650.00...a leg extension/leg curl machine is almost $3,000...

You've gotta be kidding me...

But can you do leg extensions with it?

And the prowler brings back terrible memories of high school football practices, pushing a sled with a 350lb O-line coach around in the 100degree Texas summer.

Here's my homemade prowler. 1.5" diameter lengths of pipe slide into the two sleeves. Make one.

sledxx5.jpg

Prowler is a must have for pukesville training in the summer. A fantastic addition to your training. The best thing is either pushing/pulling, if you stop, so will it... unlike a car push that rolls a little before stopping.

I think that Fattys got the blueprints for that one up in his log from like a month or two ago.

Brad, if you move to the U.S. you can live with me. My wife and kids should be fine staying at the in-laws (they have a spare room there).

This is awesome.
Ha ha ha. Actually Brad has "needs", so it is better if your wife stays with him.

I have the econo-prowler. Similar, but less money.

Shin splints/ stress fractures have meant I haven't been able to train with it, though. Wish I could.

Ha ha ha. Actually Brad has "needs", so it is better if your wife stays with him.

No, no, that will sap his energy. Brad and I are going to be roommates. Don't try to ruin it OM.

I'd love to build one of those for Brad, or anyone for that matter, but the shipping would be rediculous if it left the country. Besides, it's not anything that most people couldn't make themselves with a little practice and some free time.

That base station looks awesome. Somebody put a lot of thought and time into that thing.

Brad,
If you ever move to the states, I'll build you whatever the hell you want, at cost.

Where the heck would you put the sorinex thing other than your garage? Can't put in the basement in the winter and expect to take it apart and put it back together to use outside. I Lke my squat racks to be a little more substantial. If I had a heated garage to put it in I would consider it.

Where the heck would you put the sorinex thing other than your garage? Can't put in the basement in the winter and expect to take it apart and put it back together to use outside. I Lke my squat racks to be a little more substantial. If I had a heated garage to put it in I would consider it.

Suck it up. My gym is in my unheated, uninsulated garage and I train in it all year round.

If I didn't already have a squat cage and two yokes, I would probably buy the base station. I think it's fucking awesome.

This guy used to live five minutes from me who trained for strongman. He and I are both friends with Elliot story from maine. When Elliot had his first contest, he was unable to have yokes made in time, so he borrowed both of ours. Then when he brought them back, the other guy wasn't home so elliot asked if he could keep his at my house so he wouldn't have to drive all the way back from maine at another time. I said sure, and it has been in my garage for like 9 months now.

I would love to own that Sorinex Base Station. I just don't have anywhere to put it. Awesome ingeneuity.

I cut a hole in my 100 lbs tire, put a bar/ chain through it, attached a rope to a pipe, and can do the same thing that the prowler seems to do. Just a thought.

Back