Provide legit evidence why Gall is better than Sage

Gall's hype might be the hardest to understand that I can remember.

Gall beat a multiple time world champion without being hit once in his debut.

Sage can do a flip.

He's a guy that fights at 170 with a decent ground game. That's already a decent test for Sage considering his last fight at that weight

To be fair, Barberena is 10x more credible than any opponent Gall has ever faced. Much more proven than Gall is as well.
That would be a good point if Sage won but he lost, Sage hasn't beaten anyone credible either.

He handily defeats this absolute WEAPON, and you have the audacity to question his credentials!? Shame on you TS, shame on you!

tumblr_obo4f8iRfP1qd4esao2_r1_500.gif

Gall's hype might be the hardest to understand that I can remember.

It's not hard to understand the hype.. UFC hype machine

Whats hard is why people believe/buy into it so much.

I thought it was relevant to show what they did afterwards as well - which is nothing. Only professional fights they have had.

no its not. its only relevant to include records at the time they fought.

Galls first three pro opponents 0-0-0, Sages first three pro opponents 4-7, thats the only thing thats relevant.

That would be a good point if Sage won but he lost, Sage hasn't beaten anyone credible either.

Certainly has beaten much more credible opponents in the UFC than Mike Jackson and CM Punk tho, no?

no its not. its only relevant to include records at the time they fought.

Galls first three pro opponents 0-0-0, Sages first three pro opponents 4-7, thats the only thing thats relevant.

That is your opinion. Thanks for sharing and your contribution.

It's not hard to understand the hype.. UFC hype machine

Whats hard is why people believe/buy into it so much.
That's what I meant.

I've seen a lot of hypes but usually they were proven to be at least good/decent fighters already lol.

Both are more hype than anything at this point, Sage tapped quicker than what my christmas bonus is going to last, Sage is more proven, but not a world beater yet and fight is at WW, not LW.

He handily defeats this absolute WEAPON, and you have the audacity to question his credentials!? Shame on you TS, shame on you!

tumblr_obo4f8iRfP1qd4esao2_r1_500.gif

I think Gall shot immediately on Punk because of that devastating stand up. All makes sense now.

Gall was able to weather the storm....

Wow, seeing it in slomo is absolutely hilarious when Punk misses that right hand and simultaneously sees Mickey in deep on that takedown. Its like he says to himself "oh shit here we go".

No, it really is
Character and narratives are how sports, in general, are sold and marketed. Star driven ones at least.
Nobody ACTUALLY thinks Gall is championship material, some people just think the guy who trains at a legit camp with a BJJ brownbelt might beat the kid with the Karate background who is more experienced but has shown some holes. THat's the sum of it, and they have rational reasons for thinking it.
If they're excited or fans of the guy, it's because like MOST sportsfans in every star driven sport they relate to him and someway or another, want to see him succeed and thus hype him before his time in the hopes they can say they were right about him.

No, that's YOUR opinion on how sports are viewed and promoted. I see REAL narratives in sports, not contrived ones. Like how a team sucks all season and then makes it to the playoffs or wins a championship. Those are REAL narratives, not Conor Mcgregor coming out in a mink suit acting like a clown.

Certainly has beaten much more credible opponents in the UFC than Mike Jackson and CM Punk tho, no?
Barely, everyone he's beaten has been cut. And it's not like he's been destroying guys either. I think Gall wins by sub.

I think Gall shot immediately on Punk because of that devastating stand up. All makes sense now.
Risky move none-the-less. Could have had his jaw uppercutted clean off, I was scared for his life in that fight.

Barely, everyone he's beaten has been cut. And it's not like he's been destroying guys either. I think Gall wins by sub.

I think "barely" is an understatement... guys Sage has beaten at least have professional wins.. Gall has only beaten Mike Jackson, a videographer/reporter, and CM Punk, a 40 year old WWE wrestler with a bad back.

Gall is a total unknown. Beating CM Punk is meaningless.

All we have is what his trainers say. That's not much at all.

No, that's YOUR opinion on how sports are viewed.
No that's how sports are sold in the sports media.
That's how everything that is individually based is sold, because FACTUALLY that's how humans process information - through narratives that we can make as relevant and relatable as possible. That is literally, and factually based on evidence how the human brain (for the most part, not entirely and not for everyone) processes things. That's how politics are sold, that's how sports are sold, that's why rivalries exist in sports, that's why the media portrays things with good guys and bad guys.
That's why Lebron was a villian, then a hero etc etc, that's why Ali was a heel than a face.

WWE just streamlined it and took the sports out of it so it was just TV. And everyone and their mother understands that. "WWE fans like to make athletes into characters" lol Okay. Go watch some boxing weigh ins and press conferences, go listen to Ali interviews and tell me that WWE started this. Go watch Richard Sherman embraced getting booed and troll the media, or listen to how the Warriors were portrayed leading up to this season as the "evil empire"

If you're the type that can remove the narrative from sport, then you're apparently better than the rest of us - but you might as well watch robots fight, because every UFC fight that's been marketed to you ever has been marketed based on narrative and character in an attempt to make you care.

Back