Proud father moment last night

Red Harvest

Orange Belt
Reaction score
My daughter is 13 months old. She loves it when I get down on the floor and play with her and chase her around. She also likes to sit on the couch with me and read or watch tv. I have some DVDs of BJJ competitions, mainly of guys I admire, that I watch from time to time. My daughter, though I wasn't aware she was really paying attention, likes to sit with me while I watch these as well.

Last night I was laying on my back on the floor and I had her on my chest lifting her up and down and all that fun stuff toddlers love. I sat her down on my chest and she hops off, grabs a hold of my right arm with both hands and falls back to the ground. YEP!!! My daughter armbarred me........on purpose!!!!!

She started to cry though because I acted like I was in pain (just playing along) and she thought I was hurt. Love my baby girl.

Armbar at 13months? Sweeeeeeeeeet....... My little boy accidently kicked me in the sac and told me he learned that from watching power rangers.....

How was her technique? Did she make sure to roll the thumb upward?

If not, put her in a few armbars and show her why you want to do this in the future :icon_twis

You win!

There's nothing like being accidentally kicked in the kiwis by your kid.

Armbar at 13months? Sweeeeeeeeeet....... My little boy accidently kicked me in the sac and told me he learned that from watching power rangers.....

Lol funniest thing I've read all day.

But that's awesome man if a few years get her in a kids class!

It's never too early to play the Gracie games with her either.

If you haven't seen them, check online in the...unsavory places of the interwebs, I'm sure you'll be able to find the BullyProof dvds to watch.

I highly recommend them.

That's awesome man... Reminds me of the opening scene in "Choke" when Kron (slightly older than a toddler jumps on top of his dad and armbars him with perfect technique.

Kids are like spunges, I would have done anything to start bjj a little earlier in life. Oh well, at least I eventually found it :)

Did you ever show her the armbar before? Or did she completely figure it out on her own?

LOL that's awesome dude, just goes to show how much the things we do influence the little ones, whether we know it or not. How will you feel if she chokes you out by the time she's like 7 though :redface: haha.

I'm not going to armbar my daughter! LOL

No never. I think she might have picked up on it from the dvds. It could have been a total accident too but I'm sticking to the "she did it on purpose" story.

If she wants to train when she's older all she has to do is tell me. I won't force it on her or even bring it up to her.

You have a very bright daughter if she picked that up just from watching tv.

Not to be a boastful dad or anything but she is exceptionally bright. :icon_chee

Kids pick up more than you'd think.
My granddaughter (my kids don't care for any martial arts....I think my exwife may have been screwing around) saw me practicing breakfalls and joined right in. She also tries to mimic everything I do when working out on my mat. She'll be 2 next month so she isn't that much older than your daughter.
I bought her her own Dollamur Flexi-Roll mat (8' x 6' x 1.5") for her birthday. Now if I can just find a gi in her size I can start working with her on collar chokes. :icon_chee

That is awesome!!!!

There's nothing cooler than seeing your significant other roll their eyes in disgust as your child picks up on your interests.

That's pretty cute! My instructor's about to have another kid, it's going to be way cool when they're old enough to play on the mats with us!

pfft. I bet I could rampage slam her ass easily. Cocky 13 month old.

thank god you didnt leave some lady gaga or something on the tv around her...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back