Protien Powders, creatine and the bunch.

Toothlessjoe

INFOWARS STORE.COM
@Green
Reaction score
Ok, I went to read the stickies, but I kept getting invalid link results.

Basically, I have no obligations at the moment, nothing to do ALL week and felt like getting into shape. I've looked at everything, but I'm really thin, and find it hard to put on weight. I'm at 115lbs, 5'7".

I was wondering, that with a diet and everything, what are the deals with these? I assume a protien powder is quite straight forward, but I live in a small town in England, and can't get hold of much. Is it worth spending that bit extra just to get a good protien powder? I have the money. I have

ehh, i have no idea about english money. but i got 8lbs of whey for $20 (usd). im sure you can get it for a better price than that, i just didnt feel like lookin around too much. i personally like creatine, its worked pretty well for me. id say just get some and try it. and yes, it is worth spendin the extra cash to get some whey at least.

as far as supplementation goes, if you are just beginning to workout, stick to just the protein powder before going into creatine and the such. try to get as much out of your body as possible.

I like Optimum Nutrition protein powder (their Pro-Complex is superb as well, but has extras in it such as glutamine, etc. and is very very pricey). I like to choose one that is either a whey isolate/concentrate blend, or straigh isolate. Also, I like to pick the one that yields most grams/protein per scoop.

Ive started lifting weights at home, and i have protien powder and Creatine, ive been been lifting for 2 weeks and only been using protien, when do you guys reckon i should switch to the creatine? i have also treid those links in the sticky and they dont work.

Dutch1 said:
Ive started lifting weights at home, and i have protien powder and Creatine, ive been been lifting for 2 weeks and only been using protien, when do you guys reckon i should switch to the creatine? i have also treid those links in the sticky and they dont work.

Creatine isn't a substitute for protein. You always need protein. Protein is part of your diet.

Creatine is purely supplemental. Start it anytime you want, it won't hurt you as long as you don't take more than 5g a day, and cycle off every couple months for a few weeks.

First of all. If you wanna get serious, wich I assume since you are on this forum, start eating good food. THEN go for proteinpowder and other stuff. A good diet is the base from where you build, then use protein as a supplement.

With good food I mean fish, chicken, meat, fruit, vegetables, dark bread, rice, beans and maybe some pasta, potatoes and rice/egg noodles.

Eat 3 big meals and some smaller meals in between so you dont go more then 3 hours without food. Proteinpowder is good for those in between snacks...

In another thread you made, you said you couldn't afford to go to a gym, nor could you afford to eat properly. Yet you have money to spend on protein shakes, creatine etc?

I think working out and eating properly should be the first things you get sorted.

Dutch1 said:

when to switch from protien to creatine? the age old question. umm...never! u dont switch, use creatine in conjunction with protien.

Im going to start using creatine in the holidays, reading the container it says, you have to use 3 times a day every 4 hours for the first week, then after the week, take once a day after workout. The protien powder says only drink one serving a day after workout, but the guy at the shop reckons take 2 servings of protien. Some guys on here are taking 3-4 servings a day. I think i will stick to 1 serving a day.

about the money.. well the protien shake and creatine cost only like $150 roughly.. getting membership of a gym is like $1000 a year. Right now in my life, i dont have time going to a gym with all the study i got, and i also can not afford it. I got a weight set years ago, i lifted for about 6 months and i never really gained much muscle, i think now it was due to bad diet of take away food binge drinking...

right now ive been lifting for a week or two, ive been eating for breakfast Cornflakes with 2 pieces of toast, Lunch include beef roll with greens and thw works, somtimes i may have baked beans on bread, mid afternoon protien shake, dinner Usual stuff my parents cook, like peas mached potato, steak, carrots.. then after that ill have another protien shake. inbetween those meals ill eat fruit, or a s/w with devon on it.

my height is 196 cm and i am about 86 kg ,

Dutch1 said:
Im going to start using creatine in the holidays, reading the container it says, you have to use 3 times a day every 4 hours for the first week, then after the week, take once a day after workout. The protien powder says only drink one serving a day after workout, but the guy at the shop reckons take 2 servings of protien. Some guys on here are taking 3-4 servings a day. I think i will stick to 1 serving a day.

about the money.. well the protien shake and creatine cost only like $150 roughly.. getting membership of a gym is like $1000 a year. Right now in my life, i dont have time going to a gym with all the study i got, and i also can not afford it. I got a weight set years ago, i lifted for about 6 months and i never really gained much muscle, i think now it was due to bad diet of take away food binge drinking...

right now ive been lifting for a week or two, ive been eating for breakfast Cornflakes with 2 pieces of toast, Lunch include beef roll with greens and thw works, somtimes i may have baked beans on bread, mid afternoon protien shake, dinner Usual stuff my parents cook, like peas mached potato, steak, carrots.. then after that ill have another protien shake. inbetween those meals ill eat fruit, or a s/w with devon on it.

This is bullshit.

If you're not even at the point where you can join a gym you're nowhere near to the point where you need to start supplementing. You're wasting your money on increments where you would be better spending it on miles.

Dutch1 said:

im sorry. i totally missed the point of your post.

Back