Protex 2 Training glove vs. bag glove

WAREAGLE

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I ordered the Protex 2 Training glove from CSI and they sent me a pair of bag gloves(I know this only because the mesh Everlast case said bag Glove), then the lady (Amy was her name) tried to tell me that the Bag gloves and training gloves (at least the Protex 2's) were the same glove. I explained to her that the foam is different for bag gloves than for training gloves, she relented and said to send them back and they would send me training gloves.

Fast forward 1 hour. I noticed that these bag gloves are much much softer than my IMF tech bag Gloves and also I have noticed that on most web sites the pictures for the bag glove and the training glove are the same. Ex:

Protex 2 Leather Training glove: Protex2 Leather Training Gloves - Hook & Loop-Everlast.com

Protex 2 Leather bag Gloves: Protex2 Leather Bag Gloves-Everlast.com

It's the same picture and Im willing to bet it's the same glove.The Everlast Protex Training Glove and the bag glove are the same.

Im gonna check with my coaches before I send it back, if she was letting me in on a secret I don't want to waste the stamp. Can anyone prove me wrong?

I checked into that a while ago, when I was interested in getting a pair when they first came out. You can't go by the photos posted on websites, as they are "stock" photos and they probably use the same image to represent both. I think they look very similar and may be the same on the outside, however, I am fairly sure that they are in fact two different gloves when it comes to internal padding. Check the actual Everlast item number on the gloves. They are different:

Everlast Protex2 Leather Training Gloves - EVPXSVG2.

Everlast Protex2 Leather Bag Gloves - EVPXBG2.

Ps. Check the gloves tag as opposed to the package tag. I hope this helps.

:icon_chee

Back