Social Protests as Tommy Robinson is jailed

Where weere the cops when dozens of journalists where reporting on the guy that got convicted for teaching a dog how to do the Nazi salute?

I don't think there was a reporting ban in that case. There's not a reporting ban in EVERY court case, it's at the judges' discretion. And from working in the media/journalism world for years, I can tell you that you most often see them in cases where there are underage victims, like this case. And when a reporting ban/quarantine is put on something, you don't report on it. It's as simple as that. It's against the law.

So to see Tommy Robinson parading around saying that he got arrested for journalism is just laughable. He got arrested for breaking the law and doing something no journalist would ever do.

Calm down, you whiny old woman. It's a joke.
I wonder if these parents got the punchline:
Parents' victim statement edited to spare feelings of driver who killed child
MP calls for law change after full statement could not be read out because it could upset driver
Glenn and Rebecca Youens’ daughter, Violet-Grace, was with her grandmother when Aidan McAteer mounted the pavement in a stolen car. He had been travelling at 83mph in a 30mph zone. Violet-Grace suffered catastrophic injuries and died in hospital.

It has now emerged that during his sentencing earlier this year McAteer won the right to have parts of the family’s statement redacted.

Marie Rimmer MP told a Westminster Hall debate that McAteer’s barrister at Liverpool crown court objected to the parents’ full statement, arguing that the defendant would find it “too upsetting”.

She said: “The judge accepted this and the CPS barrister gave the parents a copy of their impact statement with parts they could not read out in open court highlighted.”
Gotta be careful not to hurt those criminals' feelings. That's showing empathy, or so they say.

I don't think there was a reporting ban in that case. There's not a reporting ban in EVERY court case, it's at the judges' discretion. And from working in the media/journalism world for years, I can tell you that you most often see them in cases where there are underage victims, like this case. And when a reporting ban/quarantine is put on something, you don't report on it. It's as simple as that. It's against the law.

So to see Tommy Robinson parading around saying that he got arrested for journalism is just laughable. He got arrested for breaking the law and doing something no journalist would ever do.

Are you familar with the English system? I am really asking. I am under the impression that the law universally is that there is a reporting ban on trials in England. I am not that familiar with English law though.

This is the shitposter who swears the left isn't against free speech on any concrete level. They wouldn't, for example, imprison people.

Pay attention. He shows his true colors when it counts.

I don't look to communist cunts for any wisdom/insight regarding free speech or anything pertaining to morality.

I wonder if these parents got the punchline:
Parents' victim statement edited to spare feelings of driver who killed child
MP calls for law change after full statement could not be read out because it could upset driver

Gotta be careful not to hurt those criminals' feelings. That's showing empathy, or so they say.

Wtf, are you just pivoting to an entirely different story/issue?

Anyways, that's messed up. It's not really a freedom of speech issue, though. It's just wildly inappropriate on the part of the judge. You're legally entitled to speak without the government silencing you. You are not legally entitled to have the government speak on your behalf, let alone unconditionally.

Trump should troll the UK and accept this mans asylum plea. The russling would be Justice Kav levels

Are you familar with the English system? I am really asking. I am under the impression that the law universally is that there is a reporting ban on trials in England. I am not that familiar with English law though.

Well I'm Canadian so our court system is just basically taken from England's system.

I'm not a lawyer but how it basically works is the judge of a court case can arbitrarily decide to put a publication ban on any information that they deem could be needlessly harmful to someone or jeopardise the trial (as in cause a mistrial). There's no automatic publication ban on any case, it has to be ordered by the judge. Same thing here in Canada and the US. Once that ban is ordered by the judge, you are automatically found in contempt of court and you will be punished if you break it.

A lawyer could obviously go into a lot more detail but this is very necessary to protect victims, witnesses, etc. The thought that this judge is trying to protect these Muslim boys or just has a hard on for Tommy is laughable. Most likely put in place because the judge decided that if the identity of the scumbags was posted, it could lead to certain people deducing the identities of the underage victims.

The editor of BBC's Asian Network, Arif Ansari, read out the names of grooming gang victims live on air, despite this being a criminal offense as these girls were given anonymity by law. He was taken to court after one of the victims made a formal complaint but the judge ruled that it was an honest mistake and he was cleared of all charges. But the sick reality is he was almost certainly doxxing these girls so they could be got at. It was also claimed that he got the real names when one of their reporters had been in court to hear evidence in a trial linked to the Rotherham sex abuse scandal, but this is almost certainly a lie, was disputed by the victim who made the complaint and conveniently never investigated further.

Welcome to British 'justice'.

Okay you are telling me that this law isn't being selectively enforced? Where weere the cops when dozens of journalists where reporting on the guy that got convicted for teaching a dog how to do the Nazi salute?

Shows you how far Britain has fallen when the Justice System is more interested in protecting Pedophiles who happen to be Muslims over their victims [One Labour Member said one of the victims should shut up for the sake of diversity] and imprisons the guy who exposes this house of cards.

This is why I call it Britainstan now.

The editor of BBC's Asian Network, Arif Ansari, read out the names of grooming gang victims live on air, despite this being a criminal offense as these girls were given anonymity by law. He was taken to court after one of the victims made a formal complaint but the judge ruled that it was an honest mistake and he was cleared of all charges.
OK, that's pretty fucked up. Pretty sure being ignorant/negligent isn't a defense to fucking up in the States.

Well I'm Canadian so our court system is just basically taken from England's system.

I'm not a lawyer but how it basically works is the judge of a court case can arbitrarily decide to put a publication ban on any information that they deem could be needlessly harmful to someone or jeopardise the trial (as in cause a mistrial). There's no automatic publication ban on any case, it has to be ordered by the judge. Same thing here in Canada and the US. Once that ban is ordered by the judge, you are automatically found in contempt of court and you will be punished if you break it.

A lawyer could obviously go into a lot more detail but this is very necessary to protect victims, witnesses, etc. The thought that this judge is trying to protect these Muslim boys or just has a hard on for Tommy is laughable. Most likely put in place because the judge decided that if the identity of the scumbags was posted, it could lead to certain people deducing the identities of the underage victims.

I am an American lawyer so i am familiar with the U.S. system. As I understand it, the main difference between Tommy's case and the U.S. system is that he had no involvement in the case. He is just a reporter. In the U.S. a judge does not have the power to tell the genreral public not to report about a ongoing case. In England apparently they do.

The editor of BBC's Asian Network, Arif Ansari, read out the names of grooming gang victims live on air, despite this being a criminal offense as these girls were given anonymity by law. He was taken to court after one of the victims made a formal complaint but the judge ruled that it was an honest mistake and he was cleared of all charges. But the sick reality is he was almost certainly doxxing these girls so they could be got at. It was also claimed that he got the real names when one of their reporters had been in court to hear evidence in a trial linked to the Rotherham sex abuse scandal, but this is almost certainly a lie, was disputed by the victim who made the complaint and conveniently never investigated further.

Disgusting.
You literally have a fifth column in your society and government.
Brits gotta start nonce hunting, because the constrabulary is not gonna protect you.

I used to think this dude was a nazi now I feel bad for him. Stay strong Tommy.
Don't feel too sorry. He is brave as hell and he won’t back off of his cause. The brain washers in charge used to slander and imprison Ali and Gandhi, too, and they both faced a boatload of ridicule from the brainwashed masses as well.
The truth is out there, and he never stops speaking well on the subject. They can’t hide it forever, and every person who sees the truth realizes immediately how corrupt the scum in charge are.
Tommy Robinson will be looked back on as a hero who affected change.

Looks like a scaled down version of a Nuremberg rally.

It’s sickening how much gross negligence has been overlooked as “honest mistakes” regarding the grooming gang/mass rape cases. Remember Naz Shah caught liking and retweeting comments about rape victims shutting up for diversity’s sake? Oh yeah, just another “honest mistake”. By the way, she’s also the shadow minister of state for women and equalities. Couldn’t make it up.

Tommy is a real British patriot, the amount of abuse and injustice this man has to endure is ridiculous when he's one of the few who's really fighting for the people. Leftits, pedophile worshippers and traitors want to see him dead but he keeps going forward anyway.
This citizen deserves a medal if anything.

British free speech/press situation is terrible, but it's hard to have sympathy for an avowed white supremacist fascist with a long criminal history who knowingly violated a court order. Those sympathetic with him in this forum tend to be the usual types who bend over backwards to accommodate white supremacist fascists.

Back