Social Protests as Tommy Robinson is jailed

Lord Coke

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Look at the people rising up. Tommy just received a 9 month sentence and the people are flooding the streets.

R1fdEt3.gif

Not that I agree with him doing further prison time, But he’ll be out in about 6/7 weeks.

Hopefully some extremist cunt doesn’t get to him in that short time.

Not that I agree with him doing further prison time, But he’ll be out in about 6/7 weeks.

Hopefully some extremist cunt doesn’t get to him in that short time.

Its a 9 months sentence

Its a 9 months sentence

He already served 2 months and it’s been reduced to 19 weeks of which he’ll only serve half. So another 2 months.

At the Old Bailey on Thursday, Dame Victoria Sharp told Robinson that the time he previously spent behind bars for contempt would be taken into account, reducing his sentence to 19 weeks - of which he would serve half before being released.

Plus he still has an appeal.

giphy.webp

I'm slightly sympathetic to what he was TRYING to do in exposing the shit that started that court proceeding but he was under court order to not do, well.... what he did....

So meh. Don't drop the soap pussy.

This is the shitposter who swears the left isn't against free speech on any concrete level. They wouldn't, for example, imprison people.

Pay attention. He shows his true colors when it counts.

Why protest? He broke the law and now he's going to do the time.

Judges are allowed to hand out reporting bans on certain sensitive information. It's usually not to protect the defendant, but rather a victim or someone who had nothing to do with the crime, or to protect sensitive information that is vital to ensuring a fair trial. Where this was a sex ring case, the reporting ban was probably put in place to protect the identities of the underage victims.

So in essence Tommy jeopardised the trial (which could have seen these scumbags walk free) and potentially put underage victims at risk, all for some YouTube clicks. His heart may have been in the right place, but these reporting bans are LAW and you must obey them. It's the same in America or up here in Canada.

This is the shitposter who swears the left isn't against free speech on any concrete level. They wouldn't, for example, imprison people.

Don't forget, he also really loathes empty shitposts, and wants this place to clean it's act up and get rid of posters who engage in that kind of tomfoolery...

Calm down, you whiny old woman. It's a joke.

And the guy isn't going to jail for his speech. He's going to jail for consistently tampering with the justice system and nearly getting rapists off the hook purely for his own self-aggrandizement. The same thing would happen in the United States and, frankly, it's not a political issue. It's an issue of obeying judicial orders and not wasting tens of thousands of dollars of taxpayer money by spoiling proceedings.

Right-wingers will at some point have to learn that they aren't entitled to break the law without consequence.

Why protest? He broke the law and now he's going to do the time.

Judges are allowed to hand out reporting bans on certain sensitive information. It's usually not to protect the defendant, but rather a victim or someone who had nothing to do with the crime, or to protect sensitive information that is vital to ensuring a fair trial. Where this was a sex ring case, the reporting ban was probably put in place to protect the identities of the underage victims.

So in essence Tommy jeopardised the trial (which could have seen these scumbags walk free) and potentially put underage victims at risk, all for some YouTube clicks. His heart may have been in the right place, but these reporting bans are LAW and you must obey them. It's the same in America or up here in Canada.

Okay you are telling me that this law isn't being selectively enforced? Where weere the cops when dozens of journalists where reporting on the guy that got convicted for teaching a dog how to do the Nazi salute?

Good thing his arrest and detention have nothing to do with his free speech, then.

I used to think this dude was a nazi now I feel bad for him. Stay strong Tommy.

Back