Protesters close Boston Highway

I know of a school in Nova Scotia, Canada where the professor gives a protesting assignment. The students have to choose a topic, organize the protest and then write about the topic they chose, how they went about setting up the protest and how they felt while protesting. The probably get bonus marks if it makes the news.

I'm sure he's not the only "professor" who encourages that kind of silliness.

I've never known any professors that do this, but then my degrees are actually useful so it wouldn't surprise me.

Last edited:
Athletic and explosive people live in Boston?

This just seems kinda stupid and a GREAT way to just get EVERYONE pissed off at you no matter how they identify themselves. Imagine if someone got fired for being late to work cause of that shit.

If they are angry with the police killing unarmed blacks... why not protest in front of police stations?

Seems like that would not only be a more effective means of protest, but it would also not involve pissing off the rest of the community for no reason.

In Montreal the police called the organizers of a talk because they feared the potential of violent protests in response to the talk. The organizers of the talk cancelled the event.

From an article: http://theconcordian.com/2015/01/protest-threats-nix-israel-canada-event/

a student at Concordia, wrote on the event’s Facebook page at around noon on Jan. 12 announcing the talk had been cancelled because the Montreal Police had notified them of a violent protest was set to take place because of this event.

At around 7 p.m., Martin posted to clarify what had happened, writing the following: “This morning, the Montreal Police informed CIJR that their cyber division detected a planned protest of the event. This protest was estimated to consist of about sixty demonstrators and considered to be hostile and violent. Under the circumstances, it was determined that the venue could not be secured properly and the safety of attendants would be at risk. It was therefore decided that the event would not take place as planned and be postponed indefinitely.”

If they are angry with the police killing unarmed blacks... why not protest in front of police stations?

Seems like that would not only be a more effective means of protest, but it would also not involve pissing off the rest of the community for no reason.

The rest of the community needs to know that the blowback from police violence isn't going to be confined to their TV sets.

If you want the same kind of order you're accustomed to, help improve the level of treatment that the poor, young and ethnic receive from the public servants making a living off your tax dollars. Otherwise, you get a taste of the frustration many of these people have to deal with in their day to day lives currently. Equality one way or another, you know?

I said it in an earlier post, but if these retards were actually serious about this cause, then they should create community watch groups that patrol troubled communities and monitor police behavior.

I think there was a thread posted on Sherdog about a group of black men in Texas? where they carry guns and patrol the neighborhood making sure the police don't step out of line. That seems much more productive than just blocking traffic and interrupting people's brunch.

I said it in an earlier post, but if these retards were actually serious about this cause, then they should create community watch groups that patrol troubled communities and monitor police behavior.

I think there was a thread posted on Sherdog about a group of black men in Texas? where they carry guns and patrol the neighborhood making sure the police don't step out of line. That seems much more productive than just blocking traffic and interrupting people's brunch.

That just sounds like you're asking for another version of Waco to happen. What are they going to do if they think a cop is out of line? Shoot him? Good job Mr. Citizen Black Patrol dude... you just committed fucking murder.

They may be organized by some political group. Could be a school project. Who knows.

I was hoping you would say it was a conservative-backed false flag protest. At least that would actually make sense.

That just sounds like you're asking for another version of Waco to happen. What are they going to do if they think a cop is out of line? Shoot him? Good job Mr. Citizen Black Patrol dude... you just committed fucking murder.

While I agree that carrying guns around is not the best way to deal with the police, the protesters can do what everyone else does when something potentially life threatening takes place. They pull out their cell phones, start filming and yell out World Star.

While I agree that carrying guns around is not the best way to deal with the police, the protesters can do what everyone else does when something potentially life threatening takes place. They pull out their cell phones, start filming and yell out World Star.

tumblr_m0qoox2Ref1qm37qco1_250.gif

Back to being serious, maybe it's because I am part-Japanese and thus TECHNICALLY in a minority group but at the same time in a group that has been largely out of the limelight all this shit seems, well, wasted and frankly kinda dumb.

Yeah, fight brutality by becoming basically a roving thug with a gun, that'll show them the stereotype isn't real.:rolleyes:

The rest of the community needs to know that the blowback from police violence isn't going to be confined to their TV sets.

If you want the same kind of order you're accustomed to, help improve the level of treatment that the poor, young and ethnic receive from the public servants making a living off your tax dollars. Otherwise, you get a taste of the frustration many of these people have to deal with in their day to day lives currently. Equality one way or another, you know?

But their gripes are with the cops. If they protested in front of police stations the cops would get their message, and so would anyone who happened to be going to the police station for police services. I understand the need of getting your message across, but pissing off people who had nothing to do with this does not seem like a good way to gain their support for your cause.

If a teachers union decided to go on strike, but rather than striking in front of the school, they did it on a busy highway... I don't think they'd get very much sympathy either.

But their gripes are with the cops. If they protested in front of police stations the cops would get their message, and so would anyone who happened to be going to the police station for police services. I understand the need of getting your message across, but pissing off people who had nothing to do with this does not seem like a good way to gain their support for your cause.

If a teachers union decided to go on strike, but rather than striking in front of the school, they did it on a busy highway... I don't think they'd get very much sympathy either.

I don't the the object of this protest is to gather sympathy, or to convince the police to accept some terms of change based on a protest platform.

The point would be, instead, to make an impact on the general population, let them know this is not just some story on the evening news. It's about creating consequence, and it's something you can expect in future cases. The next time a cop is considering shooting an unarmed suspect, they'll need to recognize that the response won't be a few people with placards marching on some out of the way corner, hoping a news camera shows up.

Why do people always assume that there is a problem, or that the problem is solvable without causing worse problems?

I don't the the object of this protest is to gather sympathy, or to convince the police to accept some terms of change based on a protest platform.

The point would be, instead, to make an impact on the general population, let them know this is not just some story on the evening news. It's about creating consequence, and it's something you can expect in future cases. The next time a cop is considering shooting an unarmed suspect, they'll need to recognize that the response won't be a few people with placards marching on some out of the way corner, hoping a news camera shows up.

The vast majority of the unarmed shootings were the result of people not being compliant with lawful orders. Police have a dangerous job, and over 100 cops every year in the US are shot and killed. Their main job is to get home to their families at night, and they have split seconds to make these decisions.

There have been some bad shootings in the US, but they are small amount of the incidents that happen, and are more indicitive of the problems of high amount of crime and guns in certain areas which lead police to believe that there is cause for concern.

Why do people always assume that there is a problem, or that the problem is solvable without causing worse problems?

Your Post reminds me of Thomas Sowell talking about trade-offs:

[YT]3_EtIWmja-4[/YT]

I tend to think it's ingrained in American culture. Our national heroes are all freedom fighters, and everybody wants to be heroic. So, you have every issue that jumps into popular discussion being framed as some battle against oppression. The same sort of rhetoric underpinned the tea party movement a few years back.

It's probably fair to question whether these particular protestors actually want the kinds of long term changes they'll call for, or if they're just caught up in some weak revolutionary fervor.

Brainwashed delusional white kids who likely hate their country, culture, ethnicity, and worship all that is different.

Probably the same group who consider themselves progressive, feminist, and pro gay, YET they support Islamic call to prayer in American schools (as long as it ain't Christian), and building mosques at ground zero because it is "PC" and "hip".

NOT realizing that Islam HATES their ideology and way of life!

Nailed it. I have always wondered about the stupidity of that line of thinking

Back