Protein Shakes...

AxeGrinder

Purple Belt
Reaction score
well, Im trying to gain at least 20 pounds this year, I'm drinking those whey protein shakes after I lift and all, but it tastes like pure shit, it says like chocolate or somethin and I usually mix it with milk, but it tastes like chocolate shit, haha...is there any shakes that you guys know of that dont taste like shit, or am I just gonna have to keep choking this shit down?....

try adding ice cream that ussually helps.....I ussualy go with Vanilla,Milk,Banana an a few cubes of ice. Gets boring after awhile but so would the chocolate....

Try REFLEX Instant Whey in Vanilla or Banana with Milk (skimmed) acutally very drinkable. Chocolate and Strawberry always taste like sh*t. I've even managed to get my brother to drink this stuff in vanilla and he's sooooo picky about taste!

I'm on either one or two a day and I actually look forward to it. Especially the one I have just before bed! From what I've heard it's a great time to take a lump of Protein, as most of the repair goes on while you're asleep. One after training, one before bed is what works for me.

Nitrotechhas excellent taste but be prepared to shell some dough.

ya, i take whey also and i always feel like throwing up when i drink it. i always brush my teeth right after too cuz the after taste is nasty.

I remember one time I chugged some whey right after working out. I usually close my nasal passage when I drink it so I don't taste it, but I choked a little bit and then took a big breath in through my nose, tasting the nastiness in all of its nasty glory.

I puked strawberry whey all over the sink. I couldn't bring myself to fix another. Luckily no one saw that.

Boondocksaint said:
I remember one time I chugged some whey right after working out. I usually close my nasal passage when I drink it so I don't taste it, but I choked a little bit and then took a big breath in through my nose, tasting the nastiness in all of its nasty glory.

I puked strawberry whey all over the sink. I couldn't bring myself to fix another. Luckily no one saw that.

God DAMN, Boon!

My two closest friends had a rgeat deal of difficulty taking down supps, too. It was like a mile run for Chris to ingest his NO-Xplode.

Me, I looked forward to it every day. I had to abstain from drinking it at night, I loved it so much. I can also down 9 pills at once (Chris got that Universal MV stack with something like 11 pills per package...what a waste).

Supps are easy for me. I feel bad for you, man, really. That's gotta suck.

If you re going for fast results try some mass builder instead of just whey. I take it that you live in the US, so I'd guide you towards ON, has a decent list, you can take a look. They are different to whey because they pack many carbohydrates and calories instead of just protein. Give it a shot for quick results. Otherwise you could try some Colostrum-enriched Whey protein with IgF-1.
PM me if you want more details on it.

Boondocksaint said:

I've had the same problem a couple of times (without puking though-but I was close!). As a student that can't even cook an egg, I started sipping whey instead of making something to eat, until one day I went for whey first thing in the morning. Bad idea... I couldn't even smell vanilla whey for a good month after that.
It can be fixed if you switch tastes regularly-even if the container is not finished yet, you can finish it later. It worked for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back