Protein Shakes..Pros & Cons??

Rjkd12 said:
I say "I don't think" and "I am not sure" because I do not have scientific articles to specifically state what I am saying. I am going off previous knoweldge that I learned while getting my degree in kinesiology. You seem to leave things out such as the GLUT4 glucose receptor that gets activated by activity. Insulin is not as much of a problem for athletes because of the positive effects of working out on certain insulin receptors and glucose transporters.
This has nothing to do with what I wrote. I wrote (paraphrasing) because of the effects of exercising (being an athlete) on insulin sensitivity and glucose regulation and how that will not lead to diabetes. To be honest, Eclypse's bodyfat has nothing to do with anything. It shouldn't even be brought up at all.
This was a mistake by me, I should have said "low. This must mean I know nothing. Damn.
Taking steroids will not increase your need of protein through the roof. The amount of extra working out that you do will demand a larger diet, but still 3 grams per lb is too much. I was simply trying to state this with actual numbers.

you seem to leave out that higher glycemic carbs and higher insulin intake will have a higher likelihood of fat gain in athletes.

there are athletes who have been diagnosed with diabetes. exercise may reduce ones predispoisition but genetics plays a major role. continued usage of high glycemic carbs has been a link to diabetes.

yes it is low glycemic carbs.

"taking steroids will not increase your need of protein through the roof"
my point is one of optimized intake of protein for the strength athlete. optimized is the key word. not adequate.
btw if you did not know it steroids aka anabolic adrogenic steroids will allow one to utilize higher amounts of protein, that is one major benfeit of these anabolic substances.

ones bf and his clients does have relevance. if you disagree then i will not argue that point.
but it does have relevance in that pratice what you preach. real world results speak for themselves. if your clients are world level strength athletes then lets hear it. but as i noted
there are many elite level trainers who advocate medium to high amounts of protein.

one should consider that bodybuilding could be consdiered the pinnacle of dietting in relation to lean body mass. natural athletes included. these guys in general do not use the 15% protein ratio of daily intake. you may say these guys may not be doing what is healthy, their kidneys are overtaxed, but to date i have not seen any studies with healthy individuals who have had kidney problems directly linked to high protein intake. i am double checking this.

glad you agree with me that athletes do require higher intake of protein. could you specify how much you would advocate for the strength athlete.

first line i meant to write "you seem to leave out that higher glycemic carbs and higher insulin intake will have a higher likelihood of fat gain EVEN in athletes."

the other day i was drinking my shake and thinking about how im probably drinking grinded up cow hoofs and horns and ears and nose. that kinda stuff is used in the shakes right? if so, i might just stick to real food

OpethDrums said:
the other day i was drinking my shake and thinking about how im probably drinking grinded up cow hoofs and horns and ears and nose. that kinda stuff is used in the shakes right? if so, i might just stick to real food

It is if you are using any kind of protein that lists collagen or gelatin as a protein source.

Back