protein shake secret ingredient

ground force

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Favorite Protein Shake Recipies? ingredients? I use one thing in my shakes that makes all the difference in the world to me.( Frozen bananas)

wait untill your bananas are spotted black and close to being too mushy to enjoy eating.(they are sweeter at this point)
Peel, break in pieces and freeze in a zip-lock.
1 serving:
2 cups milk I'm trying to gain so I use at least 2% milk-fat.
2 scoops vanilla Hemp seed,whey ,or egg protein powder.
1 tbl. malted milk(optional)
3 or 4 pieces of frozen bananas ( this adds thickness flavor, and adds coldness like ice cream does,
Any type of flavoring you like such as Strawberry Jam, chocolate syrup, just plain banana
carmel syrup, whatever!
Blend and serve in a frozen mug.
The goods

What's your favorite recipie?

Sounds good. I dont have any recipes but i have heard putting ice adn peanut butter in the blender too makes it nice. Havent tried it myself. Im not training at the mo so i aint drinking the shakes either.

Here is how I make mine

8 oz. 1% milk
1 banana
1 teaspoonful of natural peanut butter (probably about 2 tablesoons if actually measured)
1 tablespoon flaxseed oil
1 serving vanilla whey protein
creatine
glutamine
ice

Blend and drink

1 cup of milk
1/2 banana
1/2 cup frozen berries
1/4 cup frozen peaches
1 scoop of vanilla whey protein powder
1 tablespoon raw sugar

Sometimes I have to add a little milk to loosen it up. I add the little sugar to offset the tartness of the strawberries.

i do 10-12oz of whole milk
2 scoops of MM, either vanilla or banana
1 non frozen banan(although im about to go freeze some and try it out)
1 scoop of non fat yogurt
1 tablespoon of natural peanutbutter
glutamine
ice

codysweet02 said:
i do 10-12oz of whole milk
2 scoops of MM, either vanilla or banana
1 non frozen banan(although im about to go freeze some and try it out)
1 scoop of non fat yogurt
1 tablespoon of natural peanutbutter
glutamine
ice
tell me what you think about the frozen banana.

farmboy said:
1 cup of milk
1/2 banana
1/2 cup frozen berries
1/4 cup frozen peaches
1 scoop of vanilla whey protein powder
1 tablespoon raw sugar

Sometimes I have to add a little milk to loosen it up. I add the little sugar to offset the tartness of the strawberries.
That sounds deliscious.

call me crazy but i mix lemon lime powdered gatorade with my vanilla protein. It sounds horrible but it tastes good and i can get the protein and electrolites after a workout and it tastes far better i do 2 scoops of gatorade for every one of protein

Frozen bananas are thee shizzle, fo sho.

phenomfan1529 said:
wow, some good recipes here. i think ima try all of them :)

Phenom is that new in your sig? You fought an MMA match and you won!

F'ing awesome, man, congrats! Tell Coach D I give props to helping you achieve that goal, even if I vehemently disagree with him on many things (particularly the fact he still won't admit he got owned in the EFA thread). But yeah, success trumps all debate, so that's awesome, man, congrats, congrats, congrats.

Did you post about this? Did I miss it? Or did all this happen a while ago?

I'd love to hear about how you beat some dude's ass.

i like to make the instant chocolate pudding then mix one scoop of the vanilla whey protein in a bowl of the pudding until its smooth(no chunks). you can even top it with some raspberrys or other fruit. Its not a shake but this how i do it.

Just tried this:

4 pieces of frozen banana
4 ice cubes
2 scoops of strawberry egg protien
2 teaspoons of peanut butter
400ml of milk

It was ok but i don't think the straberry went well with it so i added a whole, unfrozen chopped banana and put it in a bowl and ate it like a pudding. Wasn't so bad after that.

I like -

1 Cup Milk
1 Cup Fat free yougurt or low fat Ice Cream
1 serving frozen Mixed berry (blue, straw, rasp, black)
1 Egg
1 Egg White
1 scoop whey protein

^ I have the video you are talking about in your SIg.

Whey and water for me. Sometimes I add icecubes so I can pretend it tastes good.

2 Scoops Chocolate Whey Protein (untill I can get MM)
2 Cups Milk (preferably whole)
5-8 Ice Cubes
1/4 or 1/2 cup Low Fat Plain Yogurt
1 Frozen Banana
and a little malted milk or hersheys syrup

I wanna try it with some frozen blueberries too

Altogether this blend comes out to 60-70 grams of protein I believe. Is that decent for a shake this size? I think Muscle Milk may carry more grams of protein than the Whey stuff I have but it will have to do for now.

What do you think about this mix?
Is there anything about it that could be counter-productive in some way that I should know about?
Is whole milk good if im trying to put on weight and I dont mind calories?

One more thing, I was thinking I might add some Quaker Oats in there. At least 1/4 cup..maybe closer to 1/2 cup. Im pretty sure theres a pretty good amount of carbs and protein in Oats..ill check tommarow. I had read in a past thread that some people use this, can I get some opinions on it? Thanks

Back