Protein shake pro tip:

biscuitsbrah

Amateur Fighter
@Gold
Reaction score
Add ground cinnamon to your protein shakes. It helps to lower insulin resistance while making your protein shake taste better. I try to add as much as possible. The one thing is that the ground cinnamon actually doesn’t mix. It all floats to the top lol but whatever.

Benefits

Cinnamon may help lower blood sugar and fight diabetes by imitating the effects of insulin and increasing glucose transport into cells ( 6 ). It can also help lower blood sugar by increasing insulin sensitivity, making insulin more efficient at moving glucose into cells.
Some of this work shows it may curb blood sugar by lowering insulin resistance. In one study, volunteers ate from 1 to 6 grams of cinnamon for 40 days. (One gram of ground cinnamon is about half a teaspoon.) The researchers found that cinnamon cut cholesterol by about 18% and blood sugar levels by 24%

Im not sure how accurate that study is because that is a huge effect, but either way it’s going to help keep you healthy. I drink a protein shake every night before bed too.

Last edited:
Cinnamon acts like an insulin mimetic, so yes its beneficial for a lot of people.

There's been times I think of getting unflavored protein and mix it with my usual vodka + rum + energy drinks

Maybe the cinnamon might make it interesting

There's been times I think of getting unflavored protein and mix it with my usual vodka + rum + energy drinks

Maybe the cinnamon might make it interesting
That kind of defeats the point of a protein shake.... Why not eat food if your gonna drink lol

Bro just blast a line of cinnamon before mixing up the shake instead and you wont have to worry about it floating to the top

Add ground cinnamon to your protein shakes. It helps to lower insulin resistance while making your protein shake taste better. I try to add as much as possible. The one thing is that the ground cinnamon actually doesn’t mix. It all floats to the top lol but whatever.

Im not sure how accurate that study is because that is a huge effect, but either way it’s going to help keep you healthy. I drink a protein shake every night before bed too.
I just started putting cinnamon in my protein shake and damn does it make it delicious health benefits aside

Back