Protein Issue Need Help ASAP

ExtremeStandard

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
K so the protein that I bought has a chart that states throughout the day I may need 120 grams of protein and maybe slightly more depending on my workouts and work throughout the day. Now my first plan was to just take my shake before a workout and bar after but... only doing that I'm sure wouldn't equal the amount of protein I need.

Should I just do that or actually try to take 120 grams throughout the day...which means a shake and bar at least twice throughout the day along with my meals already.

I'm an Olympic weight lifter at 6'0 and 213 pounds looking to gain some muscle mass to improve my strength and simply have more muscle.
I just need some advice because I don't have experience with protein since I never took it before except 2 protein bars and a drink after my workout that's it. Just need advice from seasoned protein takers.

Well, do you eat food? Some people supplement their protein intake with the protein from dead animals.

yeah lol. but I've already figured my diet intake of protien to be about 32g so the rest I can take in shakes and bars.

Wow only 32g of protein a day without protein supps? Do you not eat meat? What does your normal days diet consist of?

What are the dietary restrictions that we are working around? At 32g, there have to be some.

While there is no consensus on the amount of protein you need per day many doctors feel you should have more than 1 gram of protein per pound of bodyweight to see gains (I am more than happy to source this if you would like). Only 32 grams means you are not getting protein from animals, nuts etc. Two tablespoons of peanut butter alone will have eight or nine grams of protein. Greek yogurt can have fifteen grams and only eighty calories if you buy the right kind. I know from personal experience you need a lot of protein to promote muscle growth. What does your diet consist of?

To sum up the above posts: What the fuck do you eat if you're only getting 32g PRO/day????? I get a lot more than that in one meal. 3.5 oz of chicken breast (which is a pretty small amount) contains 30g PRO. A 213 lbs Olympic lifter eating only 32g PRO a day just doesn't make any sense.

While there is no consensus on the amount of protein you need per day many doctors feel you should have more than 1 gram of protein per pound of bodyweight to see gains (I am more than happy to source this if you would like). Only 32 grams means you are not getting protein from animals, nuts etc. Two tablespoons of peanut butter alone will have eight or nine grams of protein. Greek yogurt can have fifteen grams and only eighty calories if you buy the right kind. I know from personal experience you need a lot of protein to promote muscle growth. What does your diet consist of?

Many doctors may feel that, but they for sure doesn't base it on any research. From the research done so far 0.8g-1.2g per bodyweight KILO seems to be enough for normal individuals to sustain themselves. For athletes such as marathon runners, ect 1.2-1.7 is more than enough. The highest recommendation is that 2.2g per kilo if you are a extremely active weightlifting athlete. And that's an overkill estimate to make sure you got all of your bases covered. The 1g per POUND is definetly overkill but it might work if you really want to make sure that you get enough, but there is NO research supporting more than that. The 2g per bodyweight is just baseless BS.

Edit: Of course you can each as much as you want, but remember that per weight protein is far more expensive than carbohydrate and fat. Protein oxidation isn't very healthy, which of course should not be a cause of worry. But don't BS yourself thinking that ''well, eating protein for kcalories is healthier than fat/carbs) because it isn't.

Yes I'm dumb all admit it I added this wrong in my calculator at home my friends as I said I have never taken protien before. Tell me if this makes more sense, after recalculating my protien again I have a diet intake of protien of 93.8g of protien from the milk, cheese, steak,pork, ham, peanutbutter, fish meat, and exotic meats I eat. I'm sorry for the miscimmunication... need to learn my adding better.

dude eat a can of tuna and some chicken lol... not too hard

You can push your protein intake a lot higher, especially if you want to put on muscle and gain strength. Protein will help you accomplish your goals a lot better than taking in the same amount of calories in either carbs or fat.

K so the protein that I bought has a chart that states throughout the day I may need 120 grams of protein and maybe slightly more depending on my workouts and work throughout the day. Now my first plan was to just take my shake before a workout and bar after but... only doing that I'm sure wouldn't equal the amount of protein I need.

Should I just do that or actually try to take 120 grams throughout the day...which means a shake and bar at least twice throughout the day along with my meals already.

I'm an Olympic weight lifter at 6'0 and 213 pounds looking to gain some muscle mass to improve my strength and simply have more muscle.
I just need some advice because I don't have experience with protein since I never took it before except 2 protein bars and a drink after my workout that's it. Just need advice from seasoned protein takers.

An Olympic weight lifter? You should be supplementing your Protein intake with some Glutamine, BCAA and A multi vitamin, .80 grams of protein per lb is the standard for adequate protein intake but since your an Olympic weight lifter I would bum it up to 1.3 grams of protein per lb which in your case would be about 270 grams, and yes, eat meat, dont stress over the fat you'll be cosuming, you'll have plenty of muscle to burn it off with ease.

Back