Prospects

MC Paul Barman

Gold Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Here I go with another prospect thread. But I just didn't want to add this to the "I was supporting...." thread.
Curious if anyone knows much about Alexander Alexeev.
Just was reading about his olympic runs. Lost twice to Odlanier Solis. But now he's a pro fighting at cruiser. His pro record at 14 wins - 0 losses and 13KOs.

Him and Yoan Pablo Hernandez were 2 exciting cruiser prospects based in Germany. Of course 2 months a go Wayne Braithwaite derailed Hernandez with a great knock out leaving Alexeev as the next great hope. He beat Griffis pretty convincingly lets hope Alex can step up and get a top 20 fight soon.

Two I can think of...

Rau'shee Warren, probably the fastest amateur out there... That guy is ridiculously fast. He was also the youngest fighter to compete in the olympics in 2004 at 17. Also, he's the first fighter to compete in the olympics twice since the 70's.

anddd, Casey Ramos, 90-15 amateur record and right now has a pro record of 4-0-0(2KO). Remember this guy's name. He's tearing up the featherweights here in Texas right now.

You'll see Warren in the Olympics in Beijing to see if he's the troof'.

Gamboa is clearly far and away better than anyone else labled with the word "prospect".

Gamboa is clearly far and away better than anyone else labled with the word "prospect".

I was impressed to see the win/loss record of his 1st 9.
Something like 149 - 42....
Considering Mayweathers was 64-54...
ballparked.

They clearly arent wasthing time with Gamboa, which is good for us fans....and if he's the goods; great for him. He looks ready for a top tenner already.

I wonder if they are going to try to throw him in the title picture next year. He's starting to look like a million bucks. Great amateur background and they are progressing him real quick. As of now, he looks dangerous against any of the top 10 130s and it's not a bad division:

Pac-man
JMM
Guzman
Valero
Soto
Juarez
K. Mitchell

Guzman is now a 135 pounder. So is Marquez. So is Pacquiao. There's nobody left there that I'd actually pick over Gamboa.

That's right. A fuse just went out in my head. Valero, though fought no one significant, has a puncher's chance. Juarez gets his ass worked. Soto and Mitchell? Soto is not even in his class and Mitchell... Well, he still has ways to go. They might as well give Gamboa a title shot now. He takes all of them.

Yes, give Gamboa title shot for his next fight. With the top 3 gone, he takes the rest.

*Brain Aneurysm*

130 just went from being the best weight class in boxing, to one of the most open, in the space of two months. Same thing happened about four years ago @ 126....coinciding with Pac, Morales and Barrera looking north.

Noob question : at what point is someone no longer a "prospect?"

No real answer to that, considering that prospect is a term that really has no true definition. Personally, I view a fighter as a prospect, if they're still developing and have yet to have questions answered about their worth and abilities. Even if they're contenders or champions.

No real answer to that, considering that prospect is a term that really has no true definition. Personally, I view a fighter as a prospect, if they're still developing and have yet to have questions answered about their worth and abilities. Even if they're contenders or champions.

Kind of like a John Duddy?

KIDDING!!!

Back