Prospects who looked destined for great things but never made it?

What are you talking about? Jim Miller was a top LW for years.
Well the thread title said destined for great things

Some people thought he would win the belt

He will be forgotten the second he retires

TJ Grant?

Sokoudjou?

Real fight fans will remember Miller for a long time. He was a perennial top 10 guy for years.

The same kind of "fan" who would forget Jim Miller is the kind who would forget guys like Jeremy Stephens or Thiago Alves. These are important figures.

Karo Parisian maybe
Karo is fair to say, he was an exciting prospect, considered a real contender briefly, and IIRC injuries and personal issues took a great deal of steam out of him.

But he has nothing to be ashamed of, he was a warrior for awhile. His fight with Nick Diaz was crazy good. When he was healthy and he showed up, he was a pleasure to watch compete. Clean judo and wild boxing.

What are you talking about? Jim Miller was a top LW for years.
I agree with miller, i thought he was going to fight for the title for sure.....that was 6 years ago

King Mo looked like he'd be in the runnings for the top of the division early on, imo.

Sokojdou(sp?) I'm sure he's probably been mentioned already.

How about Pawel Nastula?

Diego Sanchez and several others from TUF 1, I guess.

I also will admit, I thought I'd see a lot more murkin' and beastin' from Brett Rogers.

Chris Holdsworth, looked very promising but he just stopped fighting. I'm not sure if he's retired or what?

Real fight fans will remember Miller for a long time. He was a perennial top 10 guy for years.

The same kind of "fan" who would forget Jim Miller is the kind who would forget guys like Jeremy Stephens or Thiago Alves. These are important figures.

I think lil Miller has had a great career. Maybe even surpassing any reasonable expectation.

He's a cool guy and a very good fighter and I totally agree.

King Mo looked like he'd be in the runnings for the top of the division early on, imo.

Sokojdou(sp?) I'm sure he's probably been mentioned already.

How about Pawel Nastula?

Diego Sanchez and several others from TUF 1, I guess.

I also will admit, I thought I'd see a lot more murkin' and beastin' from Brett Rogers.
Surprisingly, I think you and I mentioned him almost simultaneously (3 posts above) and I didn't see him above.

He's a great example

Phillipe Nover
Uriah Hall
Brandon Thatch
Siyar Bahadurzada
Erick Silva
Louis Smolka
Scroggins

TJ Grant?

Sokoudjou?
Damn shame, what happened with Grant. Scary to think about really.

Last interview I heard of him was sad feeling. He's moved on. He's got a family to feed, he works hard for a living. He just has to live with the fact that he was one fight away from being a champion.

Man.

Damn shame, what happened with Grant. Scary to think about really.

Last interview I heard of him was sad feeling. He's moved on. He's got a family to feed, he works hard for a living. He just has to live with the fact that he was one fight away from being a champion.

Man.
I forgot about all that until @Chad The Limey reminded me above.

Yeah, just tough tough luck. Hope he's well.

Fought on UFC 100 and 200, was top 3 for a couple of years.

He'll be forgotten, but only because he never made a fuss and because MMA fans are fickle and forgetful.

I agree with miller, i thought he was going to fight for the title for sure.....that was 6 years ago
He was one fight away. That's still a good career.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back