Prospects who looked destined for great things but never made it?

I remember he had some kind of medical condition going on but didn't he get that under control, hence the fact that he came back?
Pretty sure he is passed that. He is fully capable of coming back and winning two or three fights in 2017. I mean guys like derick Lewis are getting hype, Duffee is way more skilled than that guy and athletic.

Rory Macdonald (Not like he didnt did good wins but expected more from him definitely it was)

Erick Silva - The guy looks awesome against low-to-mid level talent but against higher level guys he just can't seem to put it all together. Like Mien he's had some good first rounds against top guys but he always fades. He's still young though so maybe he can turn the ship around.
Subtly played, sir <[analyzed}>

Unless he turns it around, Brandon Thatch.

Looked a straight up killer against Justin Edwards and Paulo Thiago.... and then his ground game and cardio got badly exposed

Pretty sure he is passed that. He is fully capable of coming back and winning two or three fights in 2017. I mean guys like derick Lewis are getting hype, Duffee is way more skilled than that guy and athletic.

Hopefully we'll see him in the cage again soon. I wonder if he just doesn't want to fight and only comes back when he needs a paycheck or what.

Man I remember buying Sports Illustrated (one of the few times in my life I actually bought that rag) when Roger Huerta was on the cover. He was a fascinating dude, and man did he have potential. Exciting fighter once upon a time.

Remember Jesse Taylor? The guy who nearly won a season of TUF but went on a drunken binge, basically. While the guy wasn't the most exciting prospect, he was decent enough to make the finals of the tournament, until he was disqualified for bad conduct. He was a wrestler mostly. Wonder what happened to him. I don't believe he ever got to compete professionally in the UFC.

EDIT: He did lose to CB Dolloway via submission in his only pro UFC fight. Had quite a few fights in different organizations after.

Hopefully we'll see him in the cage again soon. I wonder if he just doesn't want to fight and only comes back when he needs a paycheck or what.
I dunno how he's making money, sponsors I guess. From his posts on Instagram it seems like he is ready to fight. I know he was doing online schooling so maybe that's why he hasn't came back yet.

Rory Macdonald (Not like he didnt did good wins but expected more from him definitely it was)

Rory Mac got all the way to a title shot that he nearly won. That's more than 95% of fighters do.

Let's see what he does in Bellator before we start calling him a has been.

what about Story before Brenneman! AHHHHHHH can this count?

Man I remember buying Sports Illustrated (one of the few times in my life I actually bought that rag) when Roger Huerta was on the cover. He was a fascinating dude, and man did he have potential. Exciting fighter once upon a time.

Remember Jesse Taylor? The guy who nearly won a season of TUF but went on a drunken binge, basically. While the guy wasn't the most exciting prospect, he was decent enough to make the finals of the tournament, until he was disqualified for bad conduct. He was a wrestler mostly. Wonder what happened to him. I don't believe he ever got to compete professionally in the UFC.

EDIT: He did lose to CB Dolloway via submission in his only pro UFC fight. Had quite a few fights in different organizations after.

JT Money! I'll never forget him.

He wasn't a bad fighter, and yeah I remember he went on to fight several more times in other orgs. I wonder where he is now.

Rory Mac got all the way to a title shot that he nearly won. That's more than 95% of fighters do.

Let's see what he does in Bellator before we start calling him a has been.
Exactly, Rory was five minutes away from beating Lawler., just final round Lawler is a beast. He has a convincing win over the current UFC WW champ for crying out loud!

Not a fan of Red King, but he lived up to the hype he had as a kid.

David Loiseau
Bro! David "The Crow" Loiseau was awesome! I got to see him fight live at the Mandalay Bay vs. Rich Franklin!

That was an underated fight, he had Franklin hurt. But Franklin was just too much for him, too smart, too technical. And I'll never forget Loiseau's awesome KO over Charles McCarthy, that spinning kick to the body, and then the knee!

Back