Prospect Thread

ImPitPatPuncher

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Post some prospects

large_size_kidgalahad_640.jpg

KID Galahad from Sheffield UK trained by Brandon Ingle same trainer and place as Naseem Hamed obviously.
Super Bantamweight 24 years old
16-0 (8 ko's)
is now fighting Fred Mundraby (Won't spoil the result of this match)

A switch hitter who is effective from both stances.
I can't remember a recent boxer who used a sort of identical stance as Joe Louis.
Head of center, right hand up high and lead hand protecting the body.
Kind of a mix between the shoulder roll and Joe Louis's parrying.
Uses a lot of straight punches (almost every punch actually)
Really patient and fires of rapid straight shots.
Goes to the body and presses forward but his defense is outstanding imo for the aggressiveness that he showed.
Great head movement and footwork and already fights like a veteran.
Not a huge puncher but he is able to stun fighters with his straights shots to the body and the head.
Can fight on the inside and outside.
Trivia: says he looks up to Gunnar Nelson and Naseem Hamed if I heard it correctly.

His latest fight:
Shows great stuff imo and I should recommend to rewatch his fight that just ended.

I'm shouting out Sam Hyde, only two pro fights at CW, carries some power and is one to watch in the coming years I feel.

Nice description of Kid Galahad. I've only just started watching his last few fights and he is looking more and more polished each time I see him. It's funny but in many ways he so different to Nas. Doesn't have the power but his fundamentals are sound unlike Nas and he has a good work rate. Defensively he's looking really good and is always balanced to come back. And I can't think of a fighter in recent times who switches so well. Often I'll see guys who just don't seem nearly as effective on their weaker side and they'll favour one more than the other but Kid seems just as good with both sides. It makes him very tricky to deal with. I'm very impressed with him so far.

Looking forward to seeing Anthony Joshua fight at the end of the month, it's really early days but he developing very well and with HW as weak as it's ever been the skys really the limit for him.

Oleksandr+Gvozdyk+Olympics+Day+12+Boxing+MIcePQqNPn4l.jpg

Oleksandr Gvozdyk 1-0 (1 KO)

Bronze medalist at the 2012 Olympics in the 175 pound division. I really liked what I saw from him in his pro debut (KO1 vs. Mike Montoya [5-2-1, 3 KO])

2nd KO is from his debut.

Nice description of Kid Galahad. I've only just started watching his last few fights and he is looking more and more polished each time I see him. It's funny but in many ways he so different to Nas. Doesn't have the power but his fundamentals are sound unlike Nas and he has a good work rate. Defensively he's looking really good and is always balanced to come back. And I can't think of a fighter in recent times who switches so well. Often I'll see guys who just don't seem nearly as effective on their weaker side and they'll favour one more than the other but Kid seems just as good with both sides. It makes him very tricky to deal with. I'm very impressed with him so far.

Looking forward to seeing Anthony Joshua fight at the end of the month, it's really early days but he developing very well and with HW as weak as it's ever been the skys really the limit for him.

Yeah I found it a weird coincidence that both have ''the boxing'' feeling but Naz by being unorthodox and Kid Galahad by being so technically sound and fundamentals.
Just shows how good of a trainer Brandon Ingle is to work with both type of boxers.

I also can't wait for Anthony Joshua, between him and Deontay Wilder I see Joshua having a brighter future. He picks his shots well and has a fun personality from the stuff I've seen from him so far.

Honestly, not a lot of prospects have jumped out at me lately.

Anthony Joshua has me interested though. The HW division IMO is looking up in the next few years.

I actually see a lot of prospects who can be something.

Beterbiev- looks like his fight with Jeff Lacey is off for next week, good power with very nice head movement and he's signed to the promoter of Pascal, Stevenson and Alvarez so he'll get his shot when he's ready.

Travelle Mazion- 6'1 prospect, he's fighting at 140 but if he starves himself can make 135, good reach, movement, power and he's only 18.

Errol Spence Jr- he's a very big welterweight with better gym stories than Golovkin. Great body work, good power only problem is his defense. He'll be Thurman like in 3 years.

Jesse Hart- 6'3 168 pounder, there's video of him sparring with Cruiserweight chambers and he's bigger, already beating Findley and Hendrix journeyman level guys, the boxer who knocked out Badou Jack refused to fight him.

Quickly searched up Travell Mazion.

Really like his style and already shows a great jab and left hook at the age of 18.
Really curious how good he would be in a few years with more experience and better defense.
Good one, love it when the young guys come up.

220px-Erickson_Lubin.JPG

Erickson Lubin
1995-10-01 (18 years old)
Light middleweight
2013 national golden gloves champion at 152 lbs
was supposed to be a favourite to win gold at the olympics in 2016 but he decided to turn pro instead.
6'0
5-0 (5 ko's)

A southpaw who relies a lot on his right hook, solid jab and a solid straight left hand.
Fights quite aggressive and overwhelms his opponents easily so far. Although I find him a little bit too wild for my likings.
Mike Tyson's biggest prospect and people seem to be quite high on him.
Opposition isn't the best yet of course so I'm curious to see how he progresses.
So far he made 2 people quit very fast.

video of him sparring Montana Love
Reminds me a bit of Edwin VAlero judging his sparring session.

Callum Smith - one of the four Smith brothers from Liverpool. Still pretty raw but for a 6'3 168er he's doing pretty well fighting with his height and long arms, has good power. Looking forward to seeing him kick up the competition.

I'm VERY big on Kosei Tanaka (2-0). Dubbed "KO Dream Boy" and "The Monster of Chukyo" Tanaka is widely regarded as "the next Naoya Inoue". Personally I see more skill in Tanaka but a lot less power, likewise with with Naoya brother Takuma Inoue (also 2-0).

Ryota Murata (4-0, 4) is obviously a clear shout as well.

I also like the chances of Ja Ik Goo (3-0, 3) a South Korean with power, speed, aggression and all the tools to become a big name if allowed to fight international fights. But fan of this kid.

Back