Pros Pick Khabib vs Conor

The big factor to me is that Conor is not fighting a smaller guy. If Conor cannot get Khabib out of there quickly it will get ugly and sweet buddha help him if he gases.

History has shown that pros have no more fucking clue at picking fights than the average Sherbro.

True, to some extent. It's still cool though. They definitely have a lot more knowledge than the average sherdogger and some fighters provide a pretty unique insight.

?

Didn't have much troubles doing it against an Olympic qualifier for the UK In wrestling:

DrP4FkD.gif

Or against an NCAA div II wrestler

FriendlyGlossyDotterel-max-1mb.gif

Or against his last opponent, yet another wrestler better than Conor...

HarmlessLoneBarb-max-14mb.gif

Either you don't watch his fights, or you don't know what "anyone" means, or you were making a sweeping generalization.
Khabib had all kinds of trouble taking the real estate agent down. And he had even more trouble keeping him down.
Khabib was like 4 for 15 in 5 rounds.
McGregor was 4 for 5 against Holloway in 1.5 rounds.
McGregor has much better takedowns than khabib.

he's on top of the cage giving the finger to the crowd, like a truly humble man in victory.

he's also so humble in defeat he says he lost to nate because it was a battle of energies, or that mayweather wasn't strong or fast, just so composed. he's so humble he can't even.

What is wrong with saying someone is more composed or efficient? Those are attributes and fair assessments. They arent Arona level "dengue fever" excuses.
?

Didn't have much troubles doing it against an Olympic qualifier for the UK In wrestling:

DrP4FkD.gif

Or against an NCAA div II wrestler

FriendlyGlossyDotterel-max-1mb.gif

Or against his last opponent, yet another wrestler better than Conor...

HarmlessLoneBarb-max-14mb.gif

Either you don't watch his fights, or you don't know what "anyone" means, or you were making a sweeping generalization.

Wow, you found 3 out of his 500 takedowns. Kudos.

It will be posted at least ten more times before the fight happens. You'd think it's fight week already with the amount of buzz around here for this fight.
That's what I was thinking. All these threads with people that don't know shit spouting shit like they know what the outcome will be. I want to see bet slips.

What is wrong with saying someone is more composed or efficient? Those are attributes and fair assessments. They arent Arona level "dengue fever" excuses.

Wow, you found 3 out of his 500 takedowns. Kudos.

Well, i didn't have to look far because i actually watch people fight before i comment on them.

And Thank you. Just try to be a bit more factual next time. Sherdog is all about facts after all.

History has shown that pros have no more fucking clue at picking fights than the average Sherbro.

I disagree. Depends on the pro and whether or not they are biased based on camp affiliation

Khabib will definitly smash Conor if he can get inside without taking damage and drags this fight out, especially getting him down and going to side control and crucifix to wear out the arms.

Only thing that I keep thinking about is Khabib is so good on the ground he hasnt taken the time to work on his standup in the ring, anytime he starts taking shots he goes to his wrestling or just flatout smashes guys with grappling. Now hes facing a longer southpaw with the best left in the game. Alverez got tagged so fast the 1st time he really commited. Conors has tagged and dropped every fighter hes faced except max. Hes gonna hit khabib, its just a matter of how good khabibs chin in and how it effects his wrestling

That's what I was thinking. All these threads with people that don't know shit spouting shit like they know what the outcome will be. I want to see bet slips.
Right, because you have to be a compulsive gambler in order to have your opinion on MMA mean anything.

Last edited:
Reason why pros aren’t all that better and may be worse than many sherdoggers at picking fights is because they haven’t scrutinized fights like sherdoggers have. These fighters rarely watch other fighter’s fights unless they’re fighting them. There are very few fighters who are fans of watching fights.

I'm a pro picker

And I pick Khabib

I was gonna say I’m a pro Sherdog poster. I pick Conor. What do these fighters know? We’re the real geniuses. We’re educated in literally everything, too.

Back