Props to Cruz for his heart

agreed.

at the end of the fight, i got a little sense that dom was relieved that he finally got beat -- he's finally a little too old to do this shit anymore. go be a bomb ass commenator, dom.
Um I dunno.. I didnt get the feel that this is it for Cruz.

He cant say alpha fail anymore. His 2 defeats both ALPHA MALE

Incredible chin. And only an elite boxer like No love to land those type a shots on someone hard to hit like Cruz.
I wouldn't say incredible chin; incredible, almost Wanderlei Silva-like recovery, though.

I'm salty as hell that he lost, one of my favorite all time fighters, but amazing performance by Cody. Didn't really like the guy but the fact he came up with his little mate that went through so much and even strapped the belt around his waist really got to me. i hope Cruz can make a comeback, also really liked the mutual respect at the end, Ronda could learn a lot from that.

Heart is the one attribute you can't teach

I'd like to see him move to 145, maybe finally see Cruz vs Barao

agreed.

at the end of the fight, i got a little sense that dom was relieved that he finally got beat -- he's finally a little too old to do this shit anymore. go be a bomb ass commenator, dom.
He's at a prime age. Not old at all. But wouldn't it be badass for him to commentate beside Joe taking Mikes place?

He got dropped harder than Nate @ 202.
Yeah, well, Wand never really had a great chin, either, but he had freakish recovery that let him come back quickly from shots that would have put away most other fighters.

I like them both so I wish it was not so one sided

And for showing respect after the fight.

Cody won me over by putting the belt on that kid. (Who answered rogan's question well)

Cruz basically went out and did exactly what he's crapped on other fighters for. He fought with his emotions. He's never stood in the pocket and just winged punches like that before. You could tell he really wanted to knock Cody out and just couldn't. He got blasted nearly every time he went toe to toe in the pocket and when he did hit Cody, it was like he had nearly nothing on his punches.

I think Cruz could have made it a Dillashaw close type fight if he would have just point fought like he normally does but it seemed like he let the trash talk get to him and he wound up getting worked trying to hit Cody with that big shot.

Awesome fight.

I think he could probably take it if he fought without emotion like he usually does.

dom has a chin on him cody hit him with bombs and dom wasnt even remotely close to being out. Respect for Dom's amazing chin and heart.

Back