Props to Arlovski....

Even that was a questionable stoppage if I remember right.

o_O I don't think so bro

x3xv0p.jpg

Arlovski landed the same combo Nelson finished Mitrione with last. Aside from the inside leg kick, uppercut followed by a left hook and then the right. Roy was out son, looked he was just rolling out of a nice slumber by the time he was on the floor.

Standup was in the first, ko happened in the second. It's not as if he was so close to finishing (had side control for a lot of the round), or the 50 seconds of standup he had to fight at the end of the 1st changed the outcome in any way. Also Roy only got on top because Arlovski tripped him and he reversed, he wasn't able to take him down otherwise. It was a bad standup, but there have been worse, Roy didn't do much with it and he was on top for most of the round, to claim he would've otherwise won is lol.

To the people saying the standup was bs and is the reason Roy lost, re watch the fight. The knockout was in the second round, while the standup was in the first. Roy was doing nothing after a failed kimura but laying on Arlovski. The standup might have been a bit early but had no outcome on the fight imo.

Was about to say exactly this. Roy was dominating the fight and was taken out of the position he worked for because the crowd was booing and arlovski was the bigger name at the time.

Waaaaaah
Rumble was going to beat Belfort as well right?

No props - Roy Nelson is not the same fighter now he was then.

Haha, you Fat country fans are hilarious.

"He would have won if it weren't for that BS standup"

"early stoppage"

etc etc...

Have you people even seen the fight, or just listened to what Rogaine says? Arlovski has never been submitted, and Fat country just layed there after failing to execute that shoulder lock. Bad standup? Definately! Game breaker? No fukking way. Andrei destroyed him in the standup, the referee had nothing to do with it.

Roy's chin is way better than in the Arlovski fight.

He's put it in the work so that it's much bigger now.

Roy was laying there doing jack shit. Let's not get crazy ppl.

Plus this threads about arlovski's ability to finish Nelson compared to others inability to do so. The stand up is irrelevant.

Sure, but that fight will always leave a bad taste in my mouth because of that BS stand up.

The ultra corrupt Elite XC stood them up cos stand up is more entertaining.. Or so I've been told it is

Ironic though that Arlovski can crack Big Country's iron chin

but Arlovski himself has a glass chin

Even that was a questionable stoppage if I remember right.

I dont think so, if you watch the fight, you can clearly see Nelsons feet giving up, once a ref sees that, its good night irene

BTW, Arlovski just won today, he had some good shots but didnt finish him, won by UD

Why bring up something that happened years ago? I'd say Nelson takes Arlovski in a rematch.

there`s very few that can match arlovski offensively

Back