PROPOSAL: Whitebelt threads and posts can only be seen by other whitebelts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

drowningman

Blue Belt
Reaction score
That's my proposal, whitebelts can make threads and post, but only other whitebelts can see their posts.

In this scenario, whitebelts are free to make shitposts free of any thought or analysis, but they live in a shitocracy. Mods can view whitebelt threads and posts; if they think that a particular post showed some thought with substantial material, they can approve that post. 10 mod approvals means that the poster gets his yellow belt, and joins the forums at large.

A good poster could get his yellow belt in 10 posts, whereas idiots advocating unsupportable positions would be forever in whitebelt limbo.

It's undeniably net gain, goatse spammers would have to spend weeks posting thoughtful analysis to get banned in an hour, Kimbo supporters would actually have to advance arguments as to why he's GOAT, and Timmah fans would actually have to map out a plausible road for his redemption.

These potential whitebelt posters don't have to be Nostradamus, they just have to show the reasoning behind their thoughts. Just posting "Fedor by armbar" or "Brock wins" does nothing to add to the debate at hand and should not be encouraged.

Wrong section bro, take this shit to the customer service area.

Good idea, TS. Call it Kiddie Corner. (Subforum)

I already implement your idea. I check posters' belts before reading them. If they are by whitebelts, I don't bother reading them.

Ummm, I have been here years before any of you losers...but because I don't post whore, I guess I lack MMA knowledge.
Get a life.

I lurk for the most part around here, and to be honest I see just as many useless posts by non whitebelts as white belts. Quite a few of the idiotic white belts who start shit topics are by people using an alt account for trolling. So while I'd be in favor of not letting white belts start threads, or having some kind of mod review for white belt topics, doing the same for just posts is unreasonable and pretty unfeasible. Mods are already overworked as it is lol.

Oh, nice join date btw bro :p

Bad idea, im a 'white belt' and i have a valid opinion. Most white belts are previous members trying to gain re-access to the site and or are just immature idiots. Dont judge all by the stupidity of a few people.

That's my proposal, whitebelts can make threads and post, but only other whitebelts can see their posts.

In this scenario, whitebelts are free to make shitposts free of any thought or analysis, but they live in a shitocracy. Mods can view whitebelt threads and posts; if they think that a particular post showed some thought with substantial material, they can approve that post. 10 mod approvals means that the poster gets his yellow belt, and joins the forums at large.

A good poster could get his yellow belt in 10 posts, whereas idiots advocating unsupportable positions would be forever in whitebelt limbo.

It's undeniably net gain, goatse spammers would have to spend weeks posting thoughtful analysis to get banned in an hour, Kimbo supporters would actually have to advance arguments as to why he's GOAT, and Timmah fans would actually have to map out a plausible road for his redemption.

These potential whitebelt posters don't have to be Nostradamus, they just have to show the reasoning behind their thoughts. Just posting "Fedor by armbar" or "Brock wins" does nothing to add to the debate at hand and should not be encouraged.

But TS is only an orange belt, with a 2009 join date, you were a white belt not to long ago and i don't recall you making any informative or wise threads.

And noone here calls Kimbo the GOAT anymore. infact most people are pulling for him to lose in TUF, and the only Timmah fan on the board was banned about 2 weeks ago.

You want to turn Sherdog to hypocrisy and elitism, it's a place for the casual and more knowledgeable fan to coexist.

One of my favorite quotes sums up this idea" Rank does not equal skill" In this case replace the word skill with knowledge.

If anyone ever told me they were a white belt on sherdog in real life I'd punch them sqaure in the face. I have no respect for those worthless human beings.

What a great idea! Clearly someone who has a white belt doesn't have a valid opinion or know much of anything about MMA or the world in general. Everyone knows the color of your belt on sherdog proves your knowledge of this whole MMA thing.

Same with yellow belts, man they suck too...we should make a subforum for them! Wait, what?

Grow up. In what world does having a white belt on Sherdog make your opinion less valid?! There are plenty of people on here with thousands of posts that are absolute morons.

If anyone ever told me they were a white belt on sherdog in real life I'd punch them sqaure in the face. I have no respect for those worthless human beings.

what? Join Date: May 2009 you were a white belt just over a month ago

too many white belt bandwagon haters

(unless you were being sarcastic, of course)

Oh, nice join date btw bro :p

No shit.
This dipshit (TS) has been here for less than 3 months.
I been on this forum for 4 years.
BTW, you learn more form listening than yapping.

Hey TS, tell us a bit about yourself. You probably live at home and work for the 'man'...don't you? Do you have a job? McDonalds does not count.

I think a far better idea would be to do away with post counts and belts based on said post counts altogether. That way your post is judged by the quality of the post itself rather than something as silly as how many posts you've made. Quantity does not equal quality.

what? Join Date: May 2009 you were a white belt just over a month ago

too many white belt bandwagon haters

(unless you were being sarcastic, of course)

Pretty sure it was sarcasm bud.

I've been lurking around here since around 2006 but I didn't start posting until recently. I got called "White belt noob!" by a yellow belt WTF?! Even now I don't post that much but I do read a lot and I'm sure that's the same for a lot of people -- white belts included. If I posted in every thread I read, then I'd probably be a brown belt; I only post if I actual have something insightful to say, unlike a lot of other sherdoggers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back