Prophecy Coming True? 1/3 of Stars Moving

What?? lol

These scientists with all this amazing technology are just discovering this now, that the stars are migrating. It was a surprise to them. This is the first time evidence for galaxy-wide migration has been uncovered, is the quote from the article.

How else could the bible know this if it wasn't God's word? Only explanation for this is that it IS God's word. Open your eye's guys. The denial in this forum is uncanny. And the bible predicted THE SAME AMOUNT OF STARS...1/3 to be exact.

First, the bible is basically a compilation of modified stories from earlier documents that have zero to do with Jesus Christ or the Christian God.

Second, people may have known things prior to our current scientific understanding in prehistory, and that knowledge may have found its way into the bible somehow. That is much more likely than any sort of divine inspiration. We have evidence of people humans going back 150-200k years...we have zero evidence of anything like "God".

Colby is talking about it being a sign of the End Times. He can correct me if I'm wrong but in his literal interpretation, it gives us about 7 years before the Tribulation starts or it has started and lasts 7 years. I forget which. Sadly, they were saying the same thing in the 80's, and the 90's, and so on.

No I'm not saying where in the tribulation period now...I'm just correlating the two... 1/3 of the stars will go dark, science finds out a 1/3 of the stars are migrating away. I thought it was interesting maybe my speculation is way off; who knows.

But the tribulation period you're referring to is when the antichrist comes on the scene. He will reign on earth for 7 years. First 3 1/2 years will be nothing but rose pedals as makes me peace on earth. THEN he turns on Israel and creates hell on earth for the second half of the tribulation until Christ comes back.

But no I don't think we're in the tribulation period yet but we're headed in that direction for sure.

I read this in another forum but I felt like poking the hornets nest and sharing it here:

A new map of the Milky Way has revealed a surprising fact about the stars living in our galaxy — nearly a third have moved far from their stellar birthplace.

This discovery was made by astronomers using the Sloan Digital Sky Survey-III (SDSS), which spectroscopically linked chemical elements in stars with the locations within our galaxy known to be abundant in those specific elements. And it turns out that 30 percent of the stars surveyed have migrated far from home.

source: http://news.discovery.com/space/ast...eveals-milky-ways-stellar-migrants-150803.htm

For those unaware with prophecy this is what revelations states:

"The fourth angel sounded his trumpet, and a third of the sun was struck, a third of the moon, and a third of the stars, so that a third of them turned dark. A third of the day was without light, and also a third of the night."
Could this be the beginning?

No, anything in scripture involving the sun darkening, stars falling from the sky, etc. was never meant to be taken literally. It is symbolic language describing God's judgment upon a city or nation.

There are many examples in the Old Testament.

Egypt: When I snuff you out, I will cover the heavens and darken their
stars; I will cover the sun with a cloud, and the moon will not give its light.
All the shining lights in the heavens I will darken over you; I will bring
darkness over your land, declares the Sovereign LORD (Ezekiel 32:7-8).

Edom: All the stars in the sky will be dissolved and the heavens rolled up
like a scroll; all the starry host will fall like withered leaves from the vine, like
shriveled figs from the fig tree. My sword has drunk its fill in the heavens;
see, it descends in judgment on Edom, the people I have totally destroyed
(Isaiah 34:4-5).

Babylon: The stars of heaven and their constellations will not show their
light. The rising sun will be darkened and the moon will not give its light
(Isaiah 13:10).

No Bible commentator ever described anything literal happening to the sun, moon or stars during these judgments.

Many people look to Matthew 24:29 and assume the stars will literally fall from the sky. Jesus was speaking to Jews, who understood the symbolic nature of the Old Testament verses that used the same type of language when describing God's judgment. Jesus' language is no different. If you take this literally and think the stars are gonna fall from the sky, then if even one star collides with our planet then it would instantly vaporize.

We need to learn to understand who the verses in scripture are speaking to and what THEY would have thought and how THEY would have interpreted it. They lived in a different culture and understand apocalyptic language much better than we do. If we simply rely on the English translations and read these verses with a 21st century American cultural mindset, and ignore how the original audience would have understood it, then we will miss the meaning of it entirely.

There are some anti-Christians in this thread lashing out, that get way too sensitive when a Christian posts something about scripture.

don't take it personal rip. You are reasonable and honest in your views, if people want to be condescending about them, that's on them:)

I believe what you believe is nonsense (not the pregnant kind). I also believe nobody has a monopoly on the truth and your beliefs are just that, your own. I don't personally think you're some idiot for believing what you do.

Okay so translations included... this guy has a pretty good break down of atoms in the bible...which is pretty amazing. I stole it from him. When in doubt...Google it:

"the highest part of the dust of the world.

First, the bible is basically a compilation of modified stories from earlier documents that have zero to do with Jesus Christ or the Christian God.

Second, people may have known things prior to our current scientific understanding in prehistory, and that knowledge may have found its way into the bible somehow. That is much more likely than any sort of divine inspiration. We have evidence of people humans going back 150-200k years...we have zero evidence of anything like "God".

We have evidence of humans going back 150-200k?

You believe this cause someone told you so or do you have physical proof of this

I read this in another forum but I felt like poking the hornets nest and sharing it here:

A new map of the Milky Way has revealed a surprising fact about the stars living in our galaxy — nearly a third have moved far from their stellar birthplace.

This discovery was made by astronomers using the Sloan Digital Sky Survey-III (SDSS), which spectroscopically linked chemical elements in stars with the locations within our galaxy known to be abundant in those specific elements. And it turns out that 30 percent of the stars surveyed have migrated far from home.

source: http://news.discovery.com/space/ast...eveals-milky-ways-stellar-migrants-150803.htm

For those unaware with prophecy this is what revelations states:

"The fourth angel sounded his trumpet, and a third of the sun was struck, a third of the moon, and a third of the stars, so that a third of them turned dark. A third of the day was without light, and also a third of the night."
Could this be the beginning?

.....Where are the first three?

1.Upon the first trumpet sound, hail and fire, mixed with blood, is thrown to the Earth burning up a third of the trees on the planet, and all green grass.

2.By the second trumpet sounding, it cues something like a great burning mountain that plunges into the sea and wipes out a third of all sea life and ships. A third of the oceans will become blood

3.By the sound of the third trumpet, a great star called Wormwood falls to the Earth poisoning a third of the planet's freshwater sources, such as rivers and springs. Men will die from drinking its bitter taste

Why would the beginning be the 4th.....4 isn't even a significant number in the Bible.

Well I can say I almost experienced the 3rd one from a night with absinthe

No, anything in scripture involving the sun darkening, stars falling from the sky, etc. was never meant to be taken literally. It is symbolic language describing God's judgment upon a city or nation.

like a scroll; all the starry host will fall like withered leaves from the vine, like

No Bible commentator ever described anything literal happening to the sun, moon or stars during these judgments.

Many people look to Matthew 24:29 and assume the stars will literally fall from the sky. Jesus was speaking to Jews, who understood the symbolic nature of the Old Testament verses that used the same type of language when describing God's judgment. Jesus' language is no different. If you take this literally and think the stars are gonna fall from the sky, then if even one star collides with our planet then it would instantly vaporize.

We need to learn to understand who the verses in scripture are speaking to and what THEY would have thought and how THEY would have interpreted it. They lived in a different culture and understand apocalyptic language much better than we do. If we simply rely on the English translations and read the these verses with a 21st century American cultural mindset, and ignore how the original audience would have understood it, then we will miss the meaning of it entirely.

I'd just like to point out that while this may be true in some cases, even many, it's probably a mistake to chalk everything we can't prove up to fanciful imagination of earths ancient people. It may be symbolic language, in fact it probably is...that doesn't mean there isn't some underlying actual truth to certain described phenomena.

Certain things are only "myth" until they are proven or found true. Troy and worldwide floods are two examples of things previously thought to be myths but now are taken as recollections of real things.

oh, of course, we are speaking of impossibly large timescales here. also, when one speaks of the movement of the stars forgets that most of that movement already started happening literally billions of years before jesus or any other prophet. our own little galaxy, barely 100k lightyears wide, would imply a movement that is going on for before the dinosaurs. it's not like the stars are starting to move NOW. that is just mindnumbingly ignorant.

I think I said that in my first post ITT :)

It's certainly an interesting article, so thanks for that, Colby, but it's only that, interesting.

I also appreciate that you accept the scientific validity of this discovery so perhaps you can help the next time people are on here saying you can't believe scientists and that it's all only theories and speculation.

We need to learn to understand who the verses in scripture are speaking to and what THEY would have thought and how THEY would have interpreted it. They lived in a different culture and understand apocalyptic language much better than we do. If we simply rely on the English translations and read these verses with a 21st century American cultural mindset, and ignore how the original audience would have understood it, then we will miss the meaning of it entirely.

Perhaps I've taken these verses too literal...What is your interpretation of them?

6Then the seven angels who had the seven trumpets prepared to sound them.

7The first angel sounded his trumpet, and there came hail and fire mixed with blood, and it was hurled down on the earth. A third of the earth was burned up, a third of the trees were burned up, and all the green grass was burned up.

8The second angel sounded his trumpet, and something like a huge mountain, all ablaze, was thrown into the sea. A third of the sea turned into blood, 9a third of the living creatures in the sea died, and a third of the ships were destroyed.

10The third angel sounded his trumpet, and a great star, blazing like a torch, fell from the sky on a third of the rivers and on the springs of water

We have evidence of humans going back 150-200k?

You believe this cause someone told you so or do you have physical proof of this

I believe carbon dating is real and demonstrably viable, yes. Hard evidence suggests modern humans are at LEAST 150-200k years old...chances are we could be quite a bit older than that even.

I believe carbon dating is real and demonstrably viable, yes. Hard evidence suggests modern humans are at LEAST 150-200k years old...chances are we could be quite a bit older than that even.

Here's my problem with carbon dating...How can you ever prove that is legit?

You need as much if not MORE faith to believe in carbon dating than I do to believe in the word of God.

.....Where are the first three?

1.Upon the first trumpet sound, hail and fire, mixed with blood, is thrown to the Earth burning up a third of the trees on the planet, and all green grass.

2.By the second trumpet sounding, it cues something like a great burning mountain that plunges into the sea and wipes out a third of all sea life and ships. A third of the oceans will become blood

3.By the sound of the third trumpet, a great star called Wormwood falls to the Earth poisoning a third of the planet's freshwater sources, such as rivers and springs. Men will die from drinking its bitter taste

Why would the beginning be the 4th.....4 isn't even a significant number in the Bible.

Well I can say I almost experienced the 3rd one from a night with absinthe

I didn't mean the beginning like it's happening now. I was just drawing a correlation. Thank you for posting the other 3 though.

I'd just like to point out that while this may be true in some cases, even many, it's probably a mistake to chalk everything we can't prove up to fanciful imagination of earths ancient people. It may be symbolic language, in fact it probably is...that doesn't mean there isn't some underlying actual truth to certain described phenomena.

Certain things are only "myth" until they are proven or found true. Troy and worldwide floods are two examples of things previously thought to be myths but now are taken as recollections of real things.

there is no proof for a world wide flood. if anything the flood story was a regional flood that got "fish" story treatment, meaning over retelling many, many times, the flood got bigger and bigger until you get what you see in the bible.

Lmao....

Ok, we have another troll.

haha it's true.

You have to put AS MUCH FAITH in another man's word as I put my faith in God.

Seriously...explain to me this how do we know carbon dating is giving an accurate reading? What else do you have to test it against? You say we're 100k or 150k years old cause some scientist tells you that.

It's like that other thread where the guy made that we've replaced God with a guy in a white coat in a laboratory.

haha it's true.

You have to put AS MUCH FAITH in another man's word as I put my faith in God.

Seriously...explain to me this how do we know carbon dating is giving an accurate reading? What else do you have to test it against? You say we're 100k or 150k years old cause some scientist tells you that.

It's like that other thread where the guy made that we've replaced God with a guy in a white coat in laboratory.

do you understand how carbon dating works or are you just parroting what your preacher has told you?

there is no proof for a world wide flood. if anything the flood story was a regional flood that got "fish" story treatment, meaning over retelling many, many times, the flood got bigger and bigger until you get what you see in the bible.

actually, there is plenty of proof of world wide coastal flooding at the end of the last ice age, it happened multiple times in great bursts...there is further evidence emerging that the late bronze age cultures adjacent to the indian ocean (not not further in scope) were innundated by up to 600 ft tsunami waves between 3000 and 2800 bc.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burckle_Crater

Burckle Crater is an undersea feature hypothesized to be an impact crater by the Holocene Impact Working Group. They considered that it likely was formed by a very-large-scale and relatively recent (c. 3000–2800 BC) comet or meteorite impact event. It is estimated to be about 30 km (18 mi) in diameter,[1] hence about 25 times larger than Arizona's Meteor Crater.

It is east of Madagascar and west of Western Australia in the southern Indian ocean adjacent to the SW Indian Ocean Ridge.[2] Its position was determined in 2006 by the same group using evidence of its existence from prehistoric chevron dune formations in Australia and Madagascar that allowed them to triangulate its location. But the theory that these chevron dunes are due to tsunamis has been challenged by geologists Jody Bourgeois and R. Weiss. Using a computer model to simulate a tsunami, they argue that the structures are more consistent with aeolian processes.[3] The tsunami's origin of these chevrons is also disputed by other Earth scientists.[4]

Burckle Crater is at 30.865

Back