Proper leg kick fundamentals (video or description please)

WildCard

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Proper Mechanics, for the most part I am looking for what the general idea is to do with the hands when you throw a kick.

You don't have to do anything with your hands. Keep them where you normally keep them.

^ lets please not turn this into a argument about whether to swing the arm or not

Here is a good video by Duke Roufus explaining the low kick

^ lets please not turn this into a argument about whether to swing the arm or not

Here is a good video by Duke Roufus explaining the low kick

I'm not trying to turn this into an argument about how to do it, but I find it funny he points out at 2:45 that he doesn't keep his hands in front of his face and demonstrates it.

It's like, well duh. If you aren't even looking at the guy because the kick turns you around so far, there's no point holding your hands there. Maybe if you do a kick in a way where you can still look at your opponent as you kick, you wouldn't move your hands.

I know you weren't trying to start an argument, but that's what usually ends up happening on this forum. Just trying to stop it before it starts.

Here's some other really good videos on the low kick by Vut Kamnark

Last edited:
You do mean a roundhouse type of kick, right? not a savate kick or teep to the knee or anything like that? Because those types of kicks generally leave your arms up guarding just like they were before the kick.

I know you weren't trying to start an argument, but that's what usually ends up happening on this forum. Just trying to stop it before it starts.

Here's some other really good videos on the low kick by Vut Kamnark

This one is good

Back