Proper form when squatting?

Spyderz20x6

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
I've noticed when i'm squatting, my knees sometimes pop and crack, and they always feel very tired after my squatting routine. However, I don't let my knees go past my toes, and squat with my thighs parallel to the ground. Anything that could be wrong here?

Not pushing the knees out hard? Descent speed? Post a video and you'll get some very good advice.

You might try a full depth squat if your knees are hard. It's actually easier on the joints because the pressure isn't put directly on them from stopping at the parallel position.

Worrying about wether or not your knees go past your toes is a waste of time. Would you change how you squat if you had bigger or smaller feet? Do the important stuff correctly (ex. sit back, tight "core" & upper back, push the kness out, etc) and the knees will go where they go.

We can tell you exactly what is wrong because you took the time to video your form and posted it here.

As my weightlifting coach would say if it doesn't hurt you in any way at all. Then it is just a tendon sliding over the bone I crack and pop in my knees, ankles, and hips during squats once I'm very warmed up it dissipates quickly.

As my weightlifting coach would say if it doesn't hurt you in any way at all. Then it is just a tendon sliding over the bone I crack and pop in my knees, ankles, and hips during squats once I'm very warmed up it dissipates quickly.

It makes my knees VERY tired...
Ill try these suggestions and report back.

Back