Proof this is Terrible Tim Witherspoon's profile on Sherdog

One of the last great users of the cross-arm defense.

Such a beautiful boxer. You just don't see big men boxing like that anymore. No wonder Tim was underwhelmed by the technical aspect of Fury Wilder 3. When Tim meant mastering the cross-arm defense, he did not mean that Wilder should literally stand there with his arms crossed <Lmaoo>

I firmly believe Tim was robbed in the Holmes fight, and as such, deprived of the accolades that Spinks got for finally breaking the Holmes' streak and another title to his already epic resume. His cross-arm defense, timing and ability to catch the jab was the antidote for Holmes legendary jab and ability to slowly demoralize and out point his foes.

Would love to get Tim' thoughts on: 1) the fighter he wanted to fight most and never got to 2) his hardest fight and 3) best moment of his career and 4) his favorite boxer of all time.

I haven’t watched Tim until I came across this post. He might be one of my favorite fighters of past now. His jab, overhand, bodywork and defense are amazing, lot to learn from.

I haven’t watched Tim until I came across this post. He might be one of my favorite fighters of past now. His jab, overhand, bodywork and defense are amazing, lot to learn from.
Thank you and I am grateful to have a new fan like you!

Thank you and I am grateful to have a new fan like you!
Great to have you here, my man! Could you possibly answer the following?

1) the fighter you wanted to fight most and never got to
2) hardest fight you were ever in
3) best moment of your career
4) your favorite boxer of all time
5) some lessons you learned from working with Ali

Great to have you here, my man! Could you possibly answer the following?

1) the fighter you wanted to fight most and never got to
2) hardest fight you were ever in
3) best moment of your career
4) your favorite boxer of all time
5) some lessons you learned from working with Ali
We are going to be answering lots of questions regularly so have IB include these. I will give you a little teaser about Ali. Ali had a secret method of boxing. Had he not gotten ill with Parkinson's so early in he his career he would have climb to even higher heights. Both myself and Larry figured out this secret which helped us immensely in our careers.

We are going to be answering lots of questions regularly so have IB include these. I will give you a little teaser about Ali. Ali had a secret method of boxing. Had he not gotten ill with Parkinson's so early in he his career he would have climb to even higher heights. Both myself and Larry figured out this secret which helped us immensely in our careers.
OK, if that's not about as good as it gets, I don't know what is around here.

Good to see you posting, Champ!
Hope they don't run you off with too many questions, and be ready for some shertard questions/comments/logic as well but stick around. Really appreciate your time and posts.

And IMO this is legitimately the best boxing forum, bar none. Now even better. Perhaps in spite of me, but there are some quality posters here. A lot, in fact.

And don't judge it by the Fury/Wilder post-fight threads here. After a particularly big bout we get a lot of temporary posters. It will shake out in another week or two and be back to the regulars.

Welcome again. Thanks for posting.

OK, if that's not about as good as it gets, I don't know what is around here.

Good to see you posting, Champ!
Hope they don't run you off with too many questions, and be ready for some shertard questions/comments/logic as well but stick around. Really appreciate your time and posts.

And IMO this is legitimately the best boxing forum, bar none. Now even better. Perhaps in spite of me, but there are some quality posters here. A lot, in fact.

And don't judge it by the Fury/Wilder post-fight threads here. After a particularly big bout we get a lot of temporary posters. It will shake out in another week or two and be back to the regulars.

Welcome again. Thanks for posting.
Hey I am here for the questions! I don't mind getting tons of them. Just want to keep them order and get them on video so I can increase my subs on Youtube lol I don't even mind the trolls.

Hey I am here for the questions! I don't mind getting tons of them. Just want to keep them order and get them on video so I can increase my subs on Youtube lol I don't even mind the trolls.
I still can not believe this is THE Tim Witherspoon. I feel like I am dreaming over here, you were my favorite boxer growing up, such a huge inspiration to me.

I never knew you had a YouTube but will sign up ASAP - ALL Sherbros, do the same! Is there any other way we can support you, like pay pal or Patreon? You changed the game, made heavyweight boxing a beautiful art, and you got a family of hardcore fans out here that got your back no matter what.

Mr.Witherspoon, welcome and here is something I am curious about: that defense system of yours - did you figure it out for yourself or was it designed by coaches?

Welcome to Sherdog. I look forward to reading your posts.

Hey Tim good to see you here! I actually don't know your career that well but I see you knocked out Frank Bruno at Wembley, what are your memories of that fight?

knowing the British crowd back then (full of football hoolies), and Britain’s love of big frank, he probably got out of the arena sharpish!

any boxing fan from back then will tell you that we were obsessed with a Brit winning the HW title as it had been so long. Almost 100 years when Lewis won his first title. We’ve had loads since then!

Reactions: HHJ
knowing the British crowd back then (full of football hoolies), and Britain’s love of big frank, he probably got out of the arena sharpish!

any boxing fan from back then will tell you that we were obsessed with a Brit winning the HW title as it had been so long. Almost 100 years when Lewis won his first title. We’ve had loads since then!
I remember the commentators when bruno was fighting Mccall,you could feel the avarice from that booth. "cmmmmoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooon"

Also Nigel Benn almost got into it w Mccall's corner at the beggining. Never seen him so pissed off.

I remember the commentators when bruno was fighting Mccall,you could feel the avarice from that booth. "cmmmmoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooon"

Also Nigel Benn almost got into it w Mccall's corner at the beggining. Never seen him so pissed off.

he was noticeably vocal all fight iirc. Unofficial Chief cheer leader. Good to see tbh

Reactions: HHJ
Welcome, awesome to have you onboard.

Back