1. We are currently experiencing technical difficulties. For those experiencing login issues, a temporary solution is to clear your cache and cookies on your web browser. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.
  2. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

Proof this is Terrible Tim Witherspoon's profile on Sherdog

Discussion in 'Boxing Discussion' started by Tim Witherspoon, Oct 12, 2021.

1. GeneTunney7 Green Belt

Such a beautiful boxer. You just don't see big men boxing like that anymore. No wonder Tim was underwhelmed by the technical aspect of Fury Wilder 3. When Tim meant mastering the cross-arm defense, he did not mean that Wilder should literally stand there with his arms crossed <Lmaoo>

I firmly believe Tim was robbed in the Holmes fight, and as such, deprived of the accolades that Spinks got for finally breaking the Holmes' streak and another title to his already epic resume. His cross-arm defense, timing and ability to catch the jab was the antidote for Holmes legendary jab and ability to slowly demoralize and out point his foes.

Would love to get Tim' thoughts on: 1) the fighter he wanted to fight most and never got to 2) his hardest fight and 3) best moment of his career and 4) his favorite boxer of all time.

JSN and TheGreatA like this.
  2. ironmansnap Staying Real In A World Full Of Bluffs

I never doubted you. Once @sweetviolenturg vouched for you It was all good . Welcome bro !

3. sweetviolenturg Silver Belt Professional Fighter

Thanks for the shoutout, bro. I appreciate it.

4. PUO3 You are a can. Staff Member Senior Moderator

Glad to have you on the forum man.

5. zumbulare White Belt

I haven’t watched Tim until I came across this post. He might be one of my favorite fighters of past now. His jab, overhand, bodywork and defense are amazing, lot to learn from.

Zarathustra611 likes this.
  6. Tim Witherspoon White Belt Professional Fighter

Thank you and I am grateful to have a new fan like you!

GeneTunney7 likes this.
  7. GeneTunney7 Green Belt

Great to have you here, my man! Could you possibly answer the following?

1) the fighter you wanted to fight most and never got to
    2) hardest fight you were ever in
    3) best moment of your career
    4) your favorite boxer of all time
    5) some lessons you learned from working with Ali

8. Tim Witherspoon White Belt Professional Fighter

We are going to be answering lots of questions regularly so have IB include these. I will give you a little teaser about Ali. Ali had a secret method of boxing. Had he not gotten ill with Parkinson's so early in he his career he would have climb to even higher heights. Both myself and Larry figured out this secret which helped us immensely in our careers.

9. PHATV Boss Belt Platinum Member

OK, if that's not about as good as it gets, I don't know what is around here.

Good to see you posting, Champ!
    Hope they don't run you off with too many questions, and be ready for some shertard questions/comments/logic as well but stick around. Really appreciate your time and posts.

And IMO this is legitimately the best boxing forum, bar none. Now even better. Perhaps in spite of me, but there are some quality posters here. A lot, in fact.

And don't judge it by the Fury/Wilder post-fight threads here. After a particularly big bout we get a lot of temporary posters. It will shake out in another week or two and be back to the regulars.

Welcome again. Thanks for posting.

HHJ, LangfordBarrow and GeneTunney7 like this.
  10. Tim Witherspoon White Belt Professional Fighter

Hey I am here for the questions! I don't mind getting tons of them. Just want to keep them order and get them on video so I can increase my subs on Youtube lol I don't even mind the trolls.

11. GeneTunney7 Green Belt

I still can not believe this is THE Tim Witherspoon. I feel like I am dreaming over here, you were my favorite boxer growing up, such a huge inspiration to me.

I never knew you had a YouTube but will sign up ASAP - ALL Sherbros, do the same! Is there any other way we can support you, like pay pal or Patreon? You changed the game, made heavyweight boxing a beautiful art, and you got a family of hardcore fans out here that got your back no matter what.

LangfordBarrow and PHATV like this.
  12. KBE6EKCTAH_CCP Vive le Québec libre !

Mr.Witherspoon, welcome and here is something I am curious about: that defense system of yours - did you figure it out for yourself or was it designed by coaches?

GeneTunney7 likes this.
  13. TankAbbott4Eva Gold Belt

Hey Tim good to see you here! I actually don't know your career that well but I see you knocked out Frank Bruno at Wembley, what are your memories of that fight?

14. Karl_Hungus Blue Belt

Welcome to Sherdog. I look forward to reading your posts.

15. SSgt Dickweed Red Belt

You're only 6'3.5" inches tall, that's one and a half inch off from being a true Sherdogger.

16. Jonny Ninja Red Belt

knowing the British crowd back then (full of football hoolies), and Britain’s love of big frank, he probably got out of the arena sharpish!

any boxing fan from back then will tell you that we were obsessed with a Brit winning the HW title as it had been so long. Almost 100 years when Lewis won his first title. We’ve had loads since then!

HHJ likes this.
  17. HHJ Fuckin' SHOOTOUT

I remember the commentators when bruno was fighting Mccall,you could feel the avarice from that booth. "cmmmmoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooon"

Also Nigel Benn almost got into it w Mccall's corner at the beggining. Never seen him so pissed off.

Jonny Ninja likes this.
  18. Jonny Ninja Red Belt

he was noticeably vocal all fight iirc. Unofficial Chief cheer leader. Good to see tbh

HHJ likes this.
  19. rothnroll Purveyor of Poontang

My favorite 80's heavyweight!

20. cheesus Gold Belt

Welcome, awesome to have you onboard.