Opinion Proof that criticism of the Israeli lobby, is defended by the lie of anti-semitism

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by VivaRevolution, Feb 10, 2019.

1. VivaRevolution

VivaRevolution Whoopin' Belt

[​IMG]

Ilhan Omar's AIPAC tweet sparks condemnation, including from Chelsea Clinton

Rep. Ilhan Omar, D-Minn., sparked backlash Sunday evening from members of both parties -- including former first daughter Chelsea Clinton -- after she accused a prominent lobbying group of paying members of Congress to support Israel.

Omar, who became the first Somali-American woman elected to Congress in November, responded to a Twitter post by journalist Glenn Greenwald criticizing House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy, R-Calif., for threatening to take action against Omar and another freshman lawmaker, Rashida Tlaib, D-Mich., over allegedly anti-Semitic remarks.

"There’s situations in our conference where a member does something that is wrong — I think you’ve seen from my own actions that I take action about it," McCarthy told reporters Friday, making an apparent reference to Republican congressman Steve King of Iowa. "I think when they stay silent, they are just as guilty ... I think this will not be the end of this, and if they do not take action then I think you will see action from myself. It’s unacceptable in this country, especially when you sit back and think about and listen to what this country went through in World War II."

Greenwald accused McCarthy of targeting Omar and Tlaib for their numerous criticisms of Israel, to which Omar chimed in "It's all about the Benjamins, baby," quoting a 1997 rap song by Puff Daddy. She then doubled down when challenged by Batya Ungar-Sargon, the opinion editor of The Forward newspaper.

"Would love to know who @IlhanMN thinks is paying American politicians to be pro-Israel, though I think I can guess," Ungar-Sargon tweeted. "Bad form, Congresswoman. That's the second anti-Semitic trope you've tweeted."

In response, Omar tweeted "AIPAC!" referring to the American Israel Public Affairs Committee, which regularly has been accused by progressives of agitating for a conflict with Iran.

"We are proud that we are engaged in the democratic process to strengthen the US-Israel relationship," AIPAC tweeted Sunday evening. "Our bipartisan efforts are reflective of American values and interests. We will not be deterred in any way by ill-informed and illegitimate attacks on this important work."

Another freshman Democrat, Max Rose of New York, tweeted that Omar's statements "are deeply hurtful to Jews, including myself."

"When someone uses hateful and offensive tropes and words against people of my faith, I will not be silent," Rose said in a statement. "... At a time when anti-Semitic attacks are on the rise, our leaders should not be invoking hurtful stereotypes and caricatures of Jewish people to dismiss those who support Israel. In the Democratic Party - and in the United States of America - we celebrate the diversity of our people, and the Gods we pray to, as a strength. The congresswoman's statements do not live up to that cherished ideal."

The Republican Jewish Coalition called on House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., to take action against Omar and asked rhetorically if other House Democrats would "care to comment on the outrageous anti-Semitism being spewed by one of your fêted members.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/il...ndemnation-including-from-chelsea-clinton.amp

When Chelsea Clinton and Lindsay Graham agree, your alarm bells should go off.

Hey guys, stop telling the lie that claiming the Israeli lobby owns half our congress, is a anti-semetic attack.

It isn't. It is a fact.

I don't know much about Omar other than that she is a Muslim, and honestly I don't care who she is, or what her motivation is. What she said is a statement of fact.

For all you conservatives tired of getting called racist, because you think taxes should be lower, I understand, I really do.

I have been unjustly accused of anti-semitism more times then I can count, for stating the simple fact that the Israeli lobby, is a foreign government's lobbying arm that is allowed to operate within our borders.

Their is not a god damn anti-semetic thing in that statement. I make the same claim against Saudi Arabia. Saudi ARAMCO is just as much a problem as AIPAC. The ATC is also a lobbying arm of a foreign government. All of this needs to stop.

As Tulsi Gabbard recently said in her presidential launch speech, we must stop selling the blood of our Patriots in the military to the highest bidder.

Discuss.......

Update: Israeli lobby caught on tape explaining how it buys politicians without it showing up as Israeli lobby spending.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2019
  2. Anung Un Rama

Anung Un Rama The Right Hand of Doom Platinum Member

The level of uncivil discourse and labeling in this country, and probably the world, has gone off the rails.

hiphopnazi, 22k, Kafir-kun and 10 others like this.
  3. Cuauhtemoc

Cuauhtemoc Pragmatic Technocratic Authoritarian

No, nobody pays politicians to change their opinions. Campaign financing doesn't change anything. Or something.
    These Israeli fucks have also bought our congress and our president too.
    [​IMG]
    They want us to change the embassy to Jerusalem, a stupid move that will hurt our sales to Arab countries. And the evangelicals think that we need to do this so we get blessings from Jesus. These evangelicals are all recent converts thanks to the efforts of the Southern Baptist Church in the 70s and local churches that sprang afterwards.

It's too bad that only muslims are exposing the bullshit. At least nobody can call them nazis.

4. DariusTheGreat

DariusTheGreat Purple Belt

The end is near!

5. Anung Un Rama

Anung Un Rama The Right Hand of Doom Platinum Member

ftfy

6. Amerikuracana

Amerikuracana Titanium Belt

So it takes a Somalian to be able to point out undo influence *rolleyes*

It's all getting so stupid..

Last edited: Feb 10, 2019
  7. grizzard2bid

grizzard2bid Happy Camper Belt

Somewhat amusing when SJWs/ Muslims and Alt-Right agree on the same issue, but coming from completely different ideological findings.
    Call it alliance by accident.

Factory, Maaj19, Carl Sonnen and 5 others like this.
  8. Happy Man

Happy Man Purple Belt

Hahahaha the far left creation has grown out of control and returns to devour those who created it.

I love it.

9. RetiredSlave

RetiredSlave Brown Belt

Kind of beside the point but Ive always viewed Israel as a hornets nest with a hair trigger. Probably the most sensitive nation on this planet about their sovereignty and willing to do almost anything to protect it. It is what it is as they say.

10. grizzard2bid

grizzard2bid Happy Camper Belt

And by "do anything" you mean "get the USA goyems to do anything" ?
    They seem to rely entirely on US support.

11. NoDak

NoDak [ [ Tech Noir ] ] Platinum Member

Fuck off.

Four, ferrisjso, Factory and 8 others like this.
  12. phoenixikki

phoenixikki Brown Belt

That's the real foreign interference on the US.

Welcome to the United States of Israel

Four, mrbaapt, Kafir-kun and 5 others like this.
  13. Trotsky

Trotsky Gold Belt

Whether the reasons are pecuniary or not (I don't think they particularly are), it's really hard to take the pro-Israel status quo seriously when so few of its adherents can proffer even a semi-coherent reason for their unyielding support. I mean...just look at the attempts by slugs like Rubio and Schumer in trying to defend the anti-BDS legislation.

Republicans disingenuously making claims of racism? By god, that's impossible. It would be so unlike the Republican Party to shamelessly engage in conduct that they accuse others of doing without evidence. What are you going to say next: that they were trying to pay off pollsters while claiming all the polls were being paid off by Democrats?

14. NoDak

15. mrsenor

mrsenor Brown Belt

16. samfromhtown

samfromhtown Yellow Belt

I saw this. It is hilarious. Pretty soon the term is going to become meaningless, or at least lose effectiveness, just like racism has in the Trump era.

17. NoDak

18. VivaRevolution

VivaRevolution Whoopin' Belt

It's almost as if our founding fathers were nationalists.

AKA Anti-semetic racists.

19. phoenixikki

phoenixikki Brown Belt

And that's why people claim Shapiro is controlled opposition.

20. NoDak

[​IMG]

"I think this is the most extraordinary collection of talent, of human knowledge, that has ever been gathered together at the White House - with the possible exception of when Thomas Jefferson dined alone." - JFK at a dinner honoring Nobel Prize winners of the Western Hemisphere, 29 April 1962

It's TIME, Viva.

[​IMG]

Kafir-kun likes this.