Proof of MMA excellence can only be attained in the UFC

UFC obviously has the top guys. Chander and alvarez are good fighters but never top calibur

Exactly. Schlemenko was a 5-1 favorite. That in itself is evidence of how much unwarranted credit he was getting by the fans.

i get a big laugh out of how confidently people speak in hindsight bias - they act like they knew all along haha - it would kind of suck to be that way though, i guess, bc people prob consistently think you're an idiot

I think Will Brooks is simply being overlooked, he looked like a savage last night against Chandler! He may be a "nobody" now but I feel as though that guy is going places. He dealt with the pressure Chandler put on him without any problem and just seemed like he was on another planet as far as athleticism. Give him a couple of years and he will be a force, IMO. Chandler didn't fight badly, Brooks was just better.

It depends what division. They have some top guys at FW and LW that I think would do good near the top level in the UFC. Same with their champions Lima and Dantas.

I don't think anyone would argue that they have a very good middleweight division. Storm is the champion and he would probably be at 170 real quick if he were in the UFC. He has also been there forever and has over ten wins, but no real notable ones. Who is the best guy he beat there? Falcao? Maybe?

Yeah, remember when Werdum 'got cut' because he lost to a new guy in the UFC? That was JDS. Then he fought in Strikeforce and beat Fedor which proved that Fedor was overrated seeing as he lost to someone that couldn't handle the UFC competition. Now Werdum is back in the UFC, has beaten the last 4 guys they've put in front of him and is fighting for the title.

So yeah, Tito winning last night definitely proves something. I'm just not sure what.

TUkh9c9.png

So much hindsight bias in this thread. Everyone was saying that Shlemenko was going to KO tito with body shots and now everyone is talking like they knew Tito would beat him.

Fact is, Shlemenko is not a top 10 at all, he isn't top 15 either imo. None of the guys ranked top 15 in the UFC would lose against a 40 yr old Tito.

The problem is UFC do not necessarily dominate other organizations once they leave. King Mo got robbed against Rampage IMO.

So much hindsight bias in this thread. Everyone was saying that Shlemenko was going to KO tito with body shots and now everyone is talking like they knew Tito would beat him.

Fact is, Shlemenko is not a top 10 at all, he isn't top 15 either imo. None of the guys ranked top 15 in the UFC would lose against a 40 yr old Tito.

Tito beat Ryan Bader who is still a Top ten LHW. There is a reason that we have weight classes. Tito would still give a LOT of middleweights trouble for that very reason. Rashad can probably beat any other fighter at 205 lbs not named Bones and Tito fought him on 2 weeks notice. Even at 39, Tito is nothing to trifle win, especially if you are undersized.. Better bring your "A" game.

Tito beat Ryan Bader who is still a Top ten LHW. There is a reason that we have weight classes. Tito would still give a LOT of middleweights trouble for that very reason. Rashad can probably beat any other fighter at 205 lbs not named Bones and Tito fought him on 2 weeks notice. Even at 39, Tito is nothing to trifle win, especially if you are undersized.. Better bring your "A" game.
Bader regained his top 10 ranking by beating Rampage after losing to Tito. He is barely top 10 at that.

shlemenko is a bum in all honesty, he wouldn't be top 10 in ufc, the fact that he got mauled by a 40 yr old tito - no matter the weight disadvantage - is just embarrassing. i watched tito attempt to shoot leading up to the finish and the guy is as slow as a snail. his reactions and explosiveness are even worse than when mark coleman was making a comeback

i do beleive however that will brooks is genuinely talented. but perhaps chandler was never as good as we thought he was. he hasnt been at his best for the last 2 fights, ive always had him as a top 10 fight but never got carried away into thinking he was top 4-5 like a lot of people here do. i like eddie alvarez though maybe im bias?

rampage vs mo was a joke, but i felt mo won that fight. in the end neither of them would be top 15 in ufc

the people defending tito here...no offence but did you watch the fight? he looked unprofessionally slow, i cant see any mw in ufc's top 15 losing to him at all

big mw's like weidman, rockhold, carmont etc wont get bullied by him while machida, belfort etc will ko him before he even gets close...hes way too slow

Schlemenko shouldn't have tried to fight someone who out weighed him by 30 pounds.

Bellator shouldn't have matched their middleweight champion against someone who has no benefits to the champion whatsoever.

It's just the freak shows that are stupid. I don't know if the UFC does this but Bellator should try and stay away from freak shows.

Back