Promoting women to men"s events is a mistake

Broadcast

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Do you agree? Or am I sexist?

If I don"t want to see women in events which were male until now, why should we? And why can"t there be events only for women? After the pandemic ends, maybe we should protest and stop buying tickets.

If they want to fight in men"s events, give them male opponents. There are sports that women play well, but they can"t fight.

It didn"t bother me to play soccer as a child with a few more talented girls, but it would bother me as a fighter for women to take the places in former male events.

A few years ago I talked to the officials of some promotions, several promotions in my country promoted women. And they still promote them sometimes. But I don"t think it"s a good policy and the fights involving women are unattractive. Now please don"t show me their champions...

Events for men and events for women! Come on, give me hate! But I still hope there still are men and not travestites not supporting women fighting at our events.

And Glory and ONE, if they want to promote women, promote them but only in women events. Not on the MALE cards!

The worst would be to see next "WNHL" playing in NHL! To be obliged to see them playing hockey. If they are good, why do they need our promoters? Or why don"t they become popular?

I don"t care Glory/ONE are for both male and female, just don"t sell events with mixed cards.

Organizations need to be profitable. If it's profitable, it's good, otherwise, bad investment.

dude its 2020 for fucks sake!
Now saying that I do believe there should be a certain skill level a fighter should have in order to be on a top level event. I don't care if it male or female but far to often its the females that get added to these cards that are just plain sloppy and unskilled. One fc is especially bad about that as they love to use women mma fighters who can not throw a proper punch or kick

Yes you are sexist LOL.

You pretty much wrote a post on how to act like a sexist.

"If they want to fight in men"s events, give them male opponents. There are sports that women play well, but they can"t fight."

Seriously?

I'd argue most of the women competing at this level are more technically skilled than those HW Eastern Euro's you love so much.

ONE's womens division is growing nicely. I just wish Bekah Irwin from Glory would go fight there. Glory should probably stop doing women's fights just because they don't have a deep talent pool, but ONE should go ALL IN on it, and they are.

I'll watch a Marie Ruumet fight over a Raul Catinas fight no question.

Organizations need to be profitable. If it's profitable, it's good, otherwise, bad investment.
Do you know what they did politically in Europe? The continental association (federation) obliges investors who own soccer teams to create women"s football teams.

How do we know it"s not something imposed? Suddenly all investors love women or copy the UFC.

Wouldn"t it be nice to ask the fans what they prefer? I"m not a fool, even if I personally don"t like women"s fights, they can still exist in promotions. But not on men"s cards.

In the future, maybe out of a 5-fight main card, 2 will be for women. Among Badr Hari vs. Rico Verhoeven.

One fc is especially bad about that as they love to use women mma fighters who can not throw a proper punch or kick

Right, but if women stay inside the promotions and have separate cards, nothing would happen! It would still give them equality.

I'll watch a Marie Ruumet fight over a Raul Catinas fight no question.

Good luck with jerking off then! :D Joker! She had anyway a trash of an opponent.

VS. this because you said

Ruumet is not Mike Tyson, but Roy Jones Jr, ok? :D

Thanks for proving my point that Marie is more skilled.

If windmill haymakers is your thing, go right on ahead...

Anyway, who wrote about Marie Ruumet on Sherdog? Not me? Myself. :p https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/opinions-about-marie-ruumet.4080103/ And the users were laughing. I said she"s young and talented, plus also beautiful. But more beautiful actually. :D Now they make her champion, fighting a bum, but mainly because she"s young and has potential. Plus she"s also charismatic with that beauty.

Though she"s really far from Meksen and Co. The level is absolute trash, besides 3-4 fighters in the world plus some in the Netherlands that are not fighting abroad.

Last edited:
In my opinion they are lot under men. And they should ask us, if we want mixed cards, or men and women cards. You may have a different opinion, but the current general opinion is they are a lot under the men.

What happens really if the female fight on the same promotion in different cards? Their cards? Nothing, everybody is happy. Even if we would have 15 fights on the main card, I wouldn"t like to be occupied by female.

I'd argue most of the women competing at this level are more technically skilled than those HW Eastern Euro's you love so much.

If you don"t like them, then the other nations should create better HWs than Ghita, Adegbuyi, Andrei Stoica, Roman Kryklia, even Pavel Zhuravlv and others. After all even Artem Vakhitov is a light heavyweight, as heavyweights Russia has produced recently only Kornilov and he"s not much.

Last edited:
Anyway, who wrote about Marie Ruumet on Sherdog? Not me? Myself. :p And the users were laughing. I said she"s young and talented, plus also beautiful. But more beautiful actually. :D Now they make her champion, fighting a bum, but mainly because she"s young and has potential. Plus she"s also charismatic with that beauty.

Though she"s really far from Meksen and Co. The level is absolute trash, besides 3-4 fighters in the world plus some in the Netherlands that are not fighting abroad.
They didn't make her champion, there was no belt on the line in that fight and it was her debut. They are building that division and have also added Wondergirl Fairtex who IMO is the better Fairtex fighter versus Stamp. Stamp is tough but not as skilled IMO.

Anyways, I'm ready to move to Estonia...

Well, I doubt she can be a champion. Maybe in some years or never, even though I don"t know the level of ONE in women so much. It must have been a writing mistake, I know 100% it was on a site mentioned as "title fight".

Plus another thing, I know the divisions of UFC are pretty weak now, but the female divisions are even weaker. A lot weaker. They sell them like they would have had the same opposition in career as men. We saw a lot of overrated fighters in the past such as Ronda Rousey. First kickboxer she met, she was KOed, cried and retired after one more fight. The Polish, Joanna, looks like she"s not really unbeatable.

Anyways, I'm ready to move to Estonia...

She"s beautiful, I also like blondies. But natural blondes. Most of the Swedish girls are painted. :D I saw more almost blondes in Estonia, yeah.

Last edited:

Depends on the level, some can look like Ghita, Adegbuyi, Andrei Stoica, Kryklia and Zhuravlev, others like Catalin Zmarandescu or Dmitri Bezus. Raul Catinas is known as aggressor, he is like Miocic. This is his style. If you look at Stefan Latescu, he is very, very technical. At least as technical as Adegbuyi.

In the HW always has been like this. We also had brawlers, and even some very successful brawlers. But for the championships you must also have technicality.

In the lower divisions, we can have some very technical fighters but WITH NO TOUGHNESS. And this is what all the East Europeans have, "toughness". Well, besides the Polish glass chins.

She"s beautiful, I also like blondies. But natural blondes. Most of the Swedish girls are painted. :D I saw more almost blondes in Estonia, yeah.
Estonian's and Finnish people have the highest concentration of DNA derived from ancestors responsible for introducing blonde hair into the gene pool. They have the highest concentration of early hunter/gatherer DNA, and the lowest concentration of the earliest neolithic european DNA.

Estonian's and Finnish people have the highest concentration of DNA derived from ancestors responsible for introducing blonde hair into the gene pool. They are the closest to the early European settlers.
Yeah, early settlers because I think the Finnish people are relatives with the Hungarians who came from Asia. In Estonia there are also a lot of Russians.

Anyway, you are right, girls in Finland are more blonde than the Swedish. Maybe they are the most blonde in Europe. Dutch women can also be blonde but they really not that pretty. Still a lot prettier in that region.

Once in a lifetime you have to have a blonde, Snub! Before getting married. And a Ukrainian girl with green or blue eyes. I don"t know how is in Estonia, but in Ukraine and Moldova they love money. And to be treated better by men.

Yeah, early settlers because I think the Finnish people are relatives with the Hungarians who came from Asia. In Estonia there are also a lot of Russians.

Anyway, you are right, girls in Finland are more blonde than the Swedish. Maybe they are the most blonde in Europe. Dutch women can also be blonde but they really not that pretty. Still a lot prettier in that region.

Once in a lifetime you have to have a blonde, Snub! Before getting married.
Haak-et-al-2015-Figure-3-Admixture-Proportions-in-Modern-DNA-With-Linguistic-and-Historical-Origins-Added.png

Do you know what they did politically in Europe? The continental association (federation) obliges investors who own soccer teams to create women"s football teams.
What you are suggesting is similar to political motives, but more personal/ideological/sexist. I don't blame you but I don't support either side.

What you are suggesting is similar to political motives, but more personal/ideological/sexist. I don't blame you but I don't support either side.
I was joking, I"m not sexist when I do agree with them being part of the promotion. And taking the spots of other men, but at least on the male cards not to be present.

It"s a political move everything in the EU. Same as in the US. These 2 copy each other. Actually I think Europe is worse. Some countries like the Netherlands and Germany are removing the "sex" (gender) on the identity cards. So basically if you want you can take a photo with a wig on your baldness.

Now because of Dana and the politics, I can"t watch male cards only. Who knows, maybe these Marxists who write, if I would be a public person they would also consider me a "sexist". I am righteous, but why force me to look at women"s fights? Do I also have to watch cockfights?

Soon we will not know who has a male organ and who has a female organ. Ok, promote equality, but not on the same cards.

Soon we will not know who has a male organ and who has a female organ. Ok, promote equality, but not on the same cards.
I don't have this problem. I don't know about you but for me fortunately it's easy to tell.

My view on the matter is that the consumers will decide eventually. I fully agree that the EU is shifting to the left and forces (excuse me, encourages) promotions from everywhere in the world to push women in all sports. However, contact sports are not popular among women. Yes, I agree that there is a slight upward trend (even in UFC) but generally speaking, women do not like contact sports. But hey, if they want to join, be my guest. In judo or karate (which were popular in Eastern Europe before K-1) there were a lot of talented ladies. So, it is absolutely normal to guide them in the sport if they choose to compete.

However, promotions exist for to revenues. If there is a sufficiently large fan base for women who are willing to pay to see them fight, than we will see mixt promotions. If women fights will be very popular, than maybe separate cards, with female only fights. Of course, this is not the case yet. The large majority of the fans are males and they are paying the fees to see male fights. I bet even the large majority of women spectators are there to see male fights. There are several reasons for that: 1) historical reasons - martial arts were considered for long as a male activity and it became a culturally accepted thing, 2) Males are more durable, have more stamina and power - therefore theoretically they will provide a more spectacular fight for the audience (how many women KO`s have you seen in women kickboxing?), 3) Males are bigger - there is a reason why the HW division is so popular (one punch could mean instant KO). There is no HW division for women.

Therefore, as a consumer, I am more interested watching Badr than Meksen at any moment. That is not sexism, that is preference. I am amused, but not surprised, that some members on the forum qualify preference to see male fights over female fights as sexist. In the end, consumers will decide. Till then, promotions can promote 1 female fight/card. However, if they push it too far, my view is that they will loose customers.

Back